Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 vs Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by NicoDPS, Dec 21, 2016.

1. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

@Fudsey Plange:
    I've read that latency can be a problem with this interface, even worse than usb 2.0 interfaces...
    Tell me what you think about it after you received it. :winker:

@TW: I need the interface for a gig before the end of january, I wont have the enough money to buy RME at that time... unfortunatly... :dunno:

2. Ah well good point. I'm not looking for live. I'll report back. Due Thursday.

3. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

if you're on budget, then maybe check some second-hand RME Fireface UCX or even Fireface UC, imo Fireface 802 is still best deal, but if you're short of money those 2 are definitely better choice than RME Babyface :)

4. OK. Well I've got my Studio 192 and no matter what I throw at it, it runs 256 buffer @ 96kHz perfectly well.

I'd make the following comment, not directed to anybody particular...

[​IMG]

The piano is around 70ms from the Wurlitzer, the second violins around 80ms from the second violas, and the percussion is around 45ms from the conductor. That roughly averages out as worse than a buffer size of 2048 at 44.1kHz (53ms ish). They all play perfectly in time.

[​IMG]

I reckon this lot average out at around 35ms apart, with the throw between the guitar and the bass around 45ms. I never in all my days saw a tighter band than Queen.

Latency is overrated. Unless you panic when you play.

5. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

Good point! ;)

Thanks for your input! :wink:

6. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

AudioBox 1818VSL I've had one gigging steady for 2 years or more with no problems, very satisfied with it.