Focusrite is having a giveaway of their new 2nd gen Scarlett interfaces

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Cav Emp, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

https://prpage.co/EGc/+197074/

Speak of the devil. I was just thinking of buying one of these. It's a sign. Here's the description

[​IMG]

• Eight analog inputs: four natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain; two newly-designed instrument inputs, with increased headroom
    • Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit
    • Super-low latency for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP (measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer)
    • Six 1/4-inch balanced jack outputs; two discrete headphones output with dedicated gain controls; MIDI I/O; S/PDIF in and out; ADAT input (expand up to eight additional inputs)
    • Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite, Focusrite Control, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-in Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples

full disclosure - by using my link you will be supporting me to get extra entries. always read the fine print

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  3. Beth

Beth Guest

thanks for the tip !

I did it 'again' and entered... but in my heart I know I probably just 'sell' my email address to competitions like this lol.

I don't know how many times I've entered a draw, bought a ticket etc in my time but never ever won anything.....I guess somebody does though......or do they ? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I don't think I've ever won a raffle in my life. Doesn't stop me from giving my contact info to these people either :)

At least gear junkmail is junkmail I'll be interested in getting

I'm not so sure about KVR. I always enter those and have NO idea how to find out who won until way after the fact when they post them up on the 'past giveaways'

5. Beth

Beth Guest

that's true...good point :)

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I used your link Cav Emp. I wish you good luck! :wink:

and I could always use more inputs. It's never enough, damn them. or an interface I can easily carry around when needed. :winker:

7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Well it only has two inputs but if I win a Scarlett I'l mail you my Mackie Blackjack. That thing you can carry around easy enough. You could probably kick it down the street and it would survive

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Oh, yeah, Mackie interfaces are good and sturdy, indeed. A bit underrated. :wink:

I really like Onyx preamps so I'll take you up on that offer! But I've also never won anything but a headfuck and a buttfuck in my life. :rofl:

I get giveaways quite often in my e-mail. Last one I entered was SSL giveaway, I think. :drool:

This forum is a good way to get some additional points. I hope it'll help you to win, mate! :)

9. Beth

Beth Guest

@Cav Emp you are a generous soul :) :like:

Spreading the word about the competition decreases your chances every time a person reading your post enters lol

Maybe karma will reward your generosity with a shiny bright red gen 2 interface !!!

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

@Beth it's not entirely altruistic. At the bottom of my original post (the small font size is kind of a joke) I wrote a little disclaimer that if someone signs up on my link I get an extra entry. Although I added that and the picture/description after you got to the thread. You were quick!

Either way, I fully expect to leave empty handed no matter how many extra entries I get (like I said - literally have never won any kind of raffle), but at least if I spread the word around AS maybe someone here will get lucky.

@SineWave thanks buddy. I really need that second headphone amp on the 6i6 & 18i8 more than anything. My Blackjack has direct hardware monitoring - which is awesome for a $150 interface, but it's a pain having to turn off the monitors and jerry rig the whole setup to get a second pair of phones plugged in when my bro and I record together

I've mastered the technique of stereoizing the monitor output by plugging a pair of headphones in halfway :rofl:

11. Beth

Beth Guest

@Cav Emp ah you have a cunning plan ! :winker:

That's OK by me though...good luck... and as you say maybe just maybe someone from here will hit the jackpot !

..and in the extremely unlikely event that I win you can have my m-audio interface though i suspect you may decline that offer :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2016