Focusrite Fast-Balancer

Discussion in 'Software' started by aleksalt, Jul 23, 2022.

1. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Found it on a sister site...with a lot of negative posts...
    Well, I visited a developer site and saw the DAW requirements, there are no Cakewalk Bandlab there (my main DAW),
    so, I'd know if anybody tried that plugin on the another DAW(s) besides the required ones and what are the results?

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

If a DAW is not listed, then it only means that the developer will not give support for this DAW. It doesnt mean that the plugin does not work.

Cakewalk eats vst3 plugin, so F-B should work fine.

Required is VST3-Support and 64bit (think it also had an AAX version for ProTrolls) and macOS and windows of course.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I probe it. Nothing special. From my experience, both this plugin and others from "auto". They are good if you want to have a quick reference, but for me it is always better that you mold the sound to your liking.

In other hands...
    Why not download it and try it yourself? does not weigh much

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. DAW

DAW Kapellmeister

I just arrive from there and so : aleksalt, there are not " a lot of negative posts " about the plug-in.

There a 2 opinions only at this moment : by Nanook, who I voted up because I agree with him, and tonk who installed it and writes : " Works like a charme on Windows 10 64bit! " ( upvoted too )

The rest... out of topic comments, will be cleaned by Oly as soon as he comes back from the beach, so I inserted some fun in there too :bleh: .

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  6. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I hadn't read the comments. thanks for mentioning it, I almost missed this wonderful thing haha:rofl:

7. bassmake

bassmake Member

its funny for once to see the windows peeps moan over a release. normally we mac peeps are bitchin' about plugins that are posted for win not for mac.

8. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

So Here is One Track without any Effects and the same one with the Plugin on all Channels.

BlackHaze - Summertime (2022) (without any Effects)

https://sndup.net/hbqk/

BlackHaze - Summertime (2022) (Fast-Balancer on all Channels Warm Setting)

http://sndup.net/d8t8

9. demberto

demberto Rock Star

- "ArticStorm", 2022

10. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I prefer the arrangement of the second track. :rofl:

11. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I just don't get the hate about these type of plugin. I mean not everyone has the time to EQ everything. As an example a singer songwriter that is super talented than you could ever dream of to be that has ZERO interest in mixing or post production shit whatsoever. He only knows how to write song and write it better than you could ever be even in your wildest dream. He needs something that can speed up his workflow just so he can send his work to somebody else (ie. collaborators) to listen to or pitch it to A&R etc. It's not their job to finish the thing to the Industry Standard and they understand that they shouldn't mix or master their own music because they get what it means to have other's perspective in music creation. What's wrong with that ?

This kind of tools is invaluable to that type of person and saying that AI could take over the Art World and afraid of AI will paint a better Mona Lisa is just weird and I don't know self-centered maybe ? Some people is only good at one thing, they are master at that thing and that specific thing only. What's the point of being (self-proclaimed) good at a lot thing and being a dial-tone bang average at them all ?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I agree with you, and it's very silly to go against the AI. But I think at some point AI is likely to replace absolutely everything. And just press a button and the music is done.

Edit :
    I think that those who are bothered with these plugins, are those who live from mixing, editing, etc.
    To the one who favors, it will always be useful, but to the one who disfavours, no.
    The same would happen to the musician who composes, when programs that compose by themselves appear, then you need less and less the hand of the human being, because you have a program that auto-composes the music, that auto-equalizes, auto-matering. auto, auto ,all auto goodbye to the human creation

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2022
  13. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i can't describe exactly why, but i prefer the second (fb) track. for some reason, when i switched to that version, i instantly felt very relaxed and just "floated" along with the track. and i'm not even a fan of this type of music.

14. DAW

DAW Kapellmeister

Sonible is in very bad shape so they are sending their Balancer - freeware - back to Focusrite with who they developped it ( 2019 ), where it gets a new name : Focusrite FAST Balancer.

THX for the share, installed, played, tweaked, removed.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

When i'm finished with the track i will add my own mix as well. To my Ears there is a lil diffrence but the first one is total unmixed so that should be normal. Also there is no Master Mixing applied to both Tracks. But i'm not that Pro at mixing i stick to something like this and the try out what sounds good.

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

And AI maybe can do the Job for Collecting Data all over the Internet, but i don't think it will take over Music Production maybe for splitting Finished Tracks to Stems. And to be honest there is no real AI, because that would mean that the maschine decides self and that's not the case is only complex programming. For something like Skynet or Stuff like in iRobot in real Life it will take minimum 100 Years or more saying this from the Point where we at at the moment. I tried some of the AI melody Stuff for Fun and it was really bad.

I will stick to Scaler for Chord Progressions as this Tool is really useful and helps you to Understand Music Theory, but besides that i prefer to do everything myself. Sometimes i use Samples but most of the Time i programm everything myself for me this is the best way to envolve.

17. Funny, just posted a comment here the other day, in fact just beneath another one of your comments, and was, in part, thinking in similar terms. JMO, but people who start bashing these sort of tools are on the wrong track.

You know, I make it a habit of listening to any music here that members post for input. I'm frequently very impressed with the quality of the recordings people post here. It's not uncommon to hear music posted on this forum that with a bit of touching up could be a releasable production. BUT, at the same time, I'm almost never hearing a solid song or composition that you could remember 2 minutes after listening to it. What you have are very good sounding recordings that few people will ever hear because the fundamentals are lacking. Same with vocalists on most of these recordings posted here. People have done a decent job on getting a good sound for those singers, but sorry, IMO the singers I'm hearing just really aren't all that promising.

It's as if we've created a class of music people that are extremely technologically proficient with software and computers while having very little connection with the basics of popular music. Those basics have been, and will always be, a song and a singer. If you're laser-focused on those basics you already know there are plenty of people and facilities that can touch up the technocratic end of the job later. But you'll never truly get to that "later" part of the process until you've mastered those basics. Many people here that bash these simple tools want to jump to the end of the recording process without every having become proficient with the 'beginning' or 'entry' fundamentals. It's as if they think you can bypass the "creative" and "talent" part and just jump over to the 'look how much I know' part of the picture. Perhaps those people doing the bashing need to do some hard re-thinking for themselves.

18. Kundalini

Kundalini Kapellmeister

The point with this AI stuff is just to help and honestly I can't imagine a human capable of doing what Gullfoss or DS EQ can do and these things gonna be much better.
    I think it's a matter of 15-20 years. In 100 years from now I'm gonna reside in a cloud:)

19. Ryck

Ryck Guest

His is a personal appreciation. But I do not agree with you. Here there is plenty of talent, there are great artists behind each PC. I also take the time to listen to what is published. And more than once the stocking gets stuck in my head. Do you think that all famous musicians are talented? There is more undiscovered talent than the "talent" we hear on the radio, TV, digital platforms, etc.

20. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I've seen some pretty trippy AI paintings but the music creation has literally no soul. The badness will begin when machine music and art are promoted over human art and starts to become popular, mainstream and accepted as everyday. But it's not just in this direction that will certainly be an endgame to those promulgating for heads and hearts to embrace binary machine involvement. Our food is slated to be reaped and sown by robots and drones with all petroleum-based fertilizer, raping the land and functionally killing off microorganisms in a living soil, mechanized, divorced from nature and highly processed. Look at the recent goings on in Holland which seems to be a testing ground for the years to follow where industrial farming totally, 100% tasked with providing food for the masses (I guarantee that the wealthy will be eating the highest nutritional, tasteful and chemical free food available).

Music and art are secondary and just propaganda for the rest.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. lol, I didn't say people here don't have talent. Please don't attempt to re-write what I've said. What I was discussing is where their talents lie. There's a good deal of proficiency here with engineering, recording techniques, and on. I also said nothing about famous musicians being talented or that being on the radio makes you talented, and that not being on the radio means you don't have talent. Re-writing people's comments here isn't really necessary, is it?

I offered my own opinion about what I see and hear here. I almost never comment directly on a thread when people post their own music because I don't want to discourage anyone from pursuing their music. That said, I'm up at record labels several days a week, I know what gets signed, I know how people in the business listen to the music of unsigned talent. I've earned my keep from music for decades. That's a solid and reasonable basis for the opinions I have. If you disagree that's fine, just please don't put words in my mouth.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2022