Focusrite A.I. driven plugins

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Feb 4, 2021.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Introducing The Collective and FAST Plug-ins

The new FAST range of plug-ins comprises three mixing tools powered by AI technology that are designed to keep you in the creative flow and get polished results easily. FAST Equaliser, FAST Compressor and FAST Reveal feature intuitive controls that adapt to your needs, and provide a range of tone-shaping and dynamics-processing capabilities with efficiency-focussed workflows, simple enough for beginners and flexible enough for the most experienced creators.

More info @ The Collective

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. Kundalini

Kundalini Kapellmeister

Thank you for this info, looks very interesting to me

4. curtified

curtified Rock Star

[​IMG]

5. curtified

curtified Rock Star

Their free version of the eq is here:
    https://www.sonible.com/balancer/

I'm assuming from the collab above. They did the same on the FAST suite they just dropped. The engine and algo behind these tools has to be sonible. I like how they made the interface more user "noob" friendly.

Im here for Gullfoss, Neutron Sculptor, Soothe, or any AI tools that come out! Keep them coming! Make music-making easier and faster!

6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I agree. Not sure here, but Focusrite plugins use to be mostly developed by Sonible.

7. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

I'm all for good tools, for sure. And I do use Balancer, but to me it sounds more like an effect than a simple tool.

Yeah, call me a cynic but I think this AI stuff is just marketing bluff, AI, ML, NNs and so on. Nothing beats (yet!) a well tuned tool by human ears.

8. Haliax

Haliax Guest

It is 100% marketing bullshit, AI does not exist (yet). It may be intelligent to a certain degree, and the intelligence may be artificial but it is not AI in the true sense of the word. Total snake oil, bullshit marketing scheme made to part people from their hard earned cash.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Hard agree here. What I tried to say that "AI" in marketing is just a buzzword since we don't have soft or hard AI yet. ML models are all well and good, but they still work on the basis what's fed to them while training.

(Before I venture too way off topic this is still my favourite book regarding AI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Mind , highly recommend even though it's 30 years old)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I beg to differ. AI is here and works surprisingly well! Gullfoss is an amazing tool. It's based on human hearing research and the algo is great.

Having a boomer mentality toward AI and saying it's a buzzword is false. Be an early adopter of these tools. Know that anything in tech the first versions isn't the final product. They evolve and become better tools at our disposal. They provide a path of least resistance to our creative destination. Just like we have adapted to use GPS technology to get to our destination over physical maps.

We need progress to make a change. Don't fear Change, Don't fear the future.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I went to the website earlier today when I got this e-mail. I thought to check the price and I couldn't find a quote to just buy it outright. I think what I read was rent-to-own at like $6 for 13 months. So about $80 which isn't too bad if you don't already have the sonible stuff I guess. Smart Compressor does cool things, especially with the sidechain feature. But IIRC it needs a lot of latency and TrackSpacer doesn't.

12. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i was pretty interested in the free "balancer" from sonible. until i found out that you have to install and use an ilok account to make it work. there are many tools that i may never get to try. but i'm not putting ilok on my computer.

13. Kundalini

Kundalini Kapellmeister

You are right, ilok messed up my system lately. Regarding Collective plug ins I installed Fast Eq on my system and paid one month rent for it and really like this plug in but what is disadvantege for me is there must be internet connection at the moment of inserting this plugin otherwise it appears in demo mode...

14. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Meanwhile it's
    £5.99 per month. Pay as you go with 15 monthly payments,

Oh, and this:
    The FAST plug-ins require an active internet connection to work. This is to ensure that the plug-in can reach your account and check on you right-to-own status. It was necessary to use this method for the service we wanted to provide to make the plug-in affordable and accessible to as many people as possible.

At the time of writing, we do not have a way of using these plug-ins offline, but we're hoping to implement the ability to use the plug-ins offline in future, but do not currently have a timescale for this feature

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

And my experience of that tech has never been 100% successful.
    Not worth you projecting that on others, especially after calling them "boomers", as all they are saying is that it doesn't work as well yet as it will in the future.
    The real boomers started all this tech off.
    Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be able to quantize your thoughts and words in the future!
    Eliminating any slurs against others.

16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:
    And I thought I was a nasty joker...:lmao::rofl:

Here's one for you Focusrite: FAST as in FAST cash

17. curtified

curtified Rock Star

u snooze u loose. Some great ilok freebies out there

18. Smoove Grooves

He didn't. If you read what you quoted, the member didn't want iLok.

19. curtified

curtified Rock Star

You still use physical maps??

I'm saying a boomer mentality. That is a mentality of holding onto the old ways of how we have done things. Not accepting the change in culture, tech, and the world

20. Smoove Grooves

Did I say that? And so what if so?
    Fascinating!
    Sounds just like social-division to me, where the phrase was created and given to your generation for this exact usage.

21. curtified

curtified Rock Star

Exactly. Like I said he is sleeping on accepting the ilok tech for the great freebies out there. Even if you have sister site ilok tools installed you can still take advantage of a plethora of great ilok products that the devs provide to us for free.

We sign up for netflix, audiosex, gearsluts, spotify. dont fear ilok unless u are usinig a dongle. At the end of the day its just another login that we add to the list.