FM8 and Massive browser

Discussion in 'Live' started by ghostinthemachine, Aug 10, 2013.

1. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

Was wondering if any of you guys or gals had a similar problem with the browsers running terribly slow. I've cleaned up the doubles I had in both the directories and hit the "rebuild libraries" under options. After that I restarted the chomputer, opened them back up, and they still moved slower than a line at the DMV. What gives? I sort of think its because of the amount of patches I have, but at the same time, why should that make the browser act wonky? Omnisphere has a crap load of patches and the browser is pretty damn smooth. Its not just the browser that will slow down, its so bad that sometimes my DAW tags along for the nonsense. I'm ruling out my machine (Mac of course :wink:) because everything else runs smooth until FM8 or Massive are put into the equation.

So with that said.........HELP A BROTHA OUT!!!!!! :mates:

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

check this link out

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/5211-how-to-solve-big-sound-banks-slow-in-ni-plugins/

and have you followed One Reason's guide?

Have found massive to be slow, problem appears to be too many presets, I only have about 6/7 banks listed now and works fine. Haven't noticed FM8 having the same bloated effect though, but possible the same issue as Massive

4. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

I actually ran into that Ableton post while searching ways to fix the problem, never really attempted to try it though lol. After going over it again, thanks to your link to One Reason's link, I tried it and it worked! Its still a little slow when choosing a bank but its all good once the presets load up. Now I can scroll from preset to preset without Massive or FM8 killing my workflow. This unleashes an arsenal of sounds that have been laying dormant due that small fiasco. Thanks for the help, mate :mates:

5. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

I found that Massive will work better if you tell it your preset library, then hit rebuild as you said. Then I just leave it sit overnight one time and let it scan through all the presets entirely. Then Massive works a little faster for me.

6. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

After finally going through the process I came to the conclusion that I never let Massive and FM8 rebuild after I cleaned out the doubles. Since doing so It's been smooth sailing over here. :wink:

7. google

google Newbie

Rebuild after any change. Leave it and do something else for hours.

Rebuild will remove colours and star ratings.
    It will leave comments though.
    Use authors name to star rate * ** *** **** *****

Then star ratings will be searchable and won't reset