Fluid Audio launches The Fader Coax Pro FPX7 Studio Monitor

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by theDingus, Feb 16, 2015.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Building upon the acclaimed and well received Fader Series studio monitors, Fluid Audio now announces
    the FPX (Fader Pro Coax) line of studio monitors, with the new FPX7 leading the way. Featuring optimized
    Class AB amplifiers, shorting ring magnet woofers and ribbon tweeters, the FPX7 offers a truer, more
    accurate monitoring experience. With there lightning fast response, AMT ribbon tweeters provide detail
    and depth not seen in professional studios - especially at this price.

"Ribbon tweeters have certainly been used in studio monitors before. It's a perfect use for them, actually.
    However, I've never been that impressed by previous executions of the idea. I've always felt I could do a
    ribbon monitor that sort of set the standard for ribbon monitors, and I believe this coax idea does that.
    You get the lightning fast response of the ribbon, and the point-source goodness of being coaxial. As a
    recording musician myself, I was always a little frustrated with the way a lot monitors would 'Hi-Fi-ize' my
    live recordings. I would record something live in a room, but played back through the monitors, it already
    sounded kind of slow and dull. With our new AMT ribbon tweeter, you get that immediate, live sound that
    you recorded. That, coupled with the low distortion woofer and great off axis response of the FPX7, you have
    a clear, honest view into your mixes,"
    says Bill Loney of Fluid Audio.

FPX7 Highlights:

Seamless, transparent response in a compact footprint
    7” composite cone, low-frequency driver with shorting ring to reduce magnet distortion
    Air motion transformer (ribbon) tweeter provides an extremely fast and accurate response
    Bi-amplified 110Watt Class A/B amplification
    Acoustic Space Control lets you calibrate the FPX7 to your mixing environment ( 0, -2, -4db )
    Tweeter high frequency trim control ( +2, 0, -2db )
    Fader Volume control on front baffle for easy access
    42Hz – 27kHz frequency response
    Front loaded slot port for directional bass response
    Amplifier standby function to conserve energy
    The FPX7 employs a specially designed dual concentric driver – sometimes called a “coaxial”, which is
    the first of it's kind in a studio monitor. Coaxial drivers, found in such world renowned monitors as
    the Manley ML10, sound great because all frequencies coming from the tweeter and woofer radiate from
    the exact same position. This is critical for accurate off-axis response as well as phase coherence.
    The built-in waveguide provides it with wide dispersion and an expansive sweet spot.

[​IMG]

Specifications:

• Frequency response: 42 Hz – 27 kHz
    • Crossover frequency: 3.5 kHz
    • Amplifier power: 110 watts
    • Signal-to-noise: > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
    • Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF one displacement
    • Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
    • Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 95dBA output SPL
    @ one meter with volume control at maximum
    • Power: Fixed 110V ~50/60 Hz or 220V~50/60 Hz
    • Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over
    temperature, turn-on/off transient and subsonic filter
    • Cabinet: Painted MDF
    • Size (single monitor): 256 x 174 x 193 mm (HxWxD)
    • Weight (single monitor): 15.7 lbs. / 7.2kg

Pricing and Availability:

The FPX7 DSP will be available this March at street prices of $699.99 USD/€649
    The FPX7 DSP+ will be released Q2 at $999.99 USD/ €959.99/ £759.99

More INFO: Fluid Audio | FPX7 DSP