FL Studio vs Studio One

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Esteros, Oct 7, 2019.

1. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

I'm not saying you should start a song in one DAW and finish in another.

I'm saying that there isn't a DAW which can do everything well.

For instance, Studio One is an excellent workhorse DAW. It's got everything you need for ordinary producing/mixing/mastering tasks.

However, if you compare it to Bitwig, Ableton or even FL Studio, it lacks countless features which are focused on creativity and live performance, and probably it will never catch up.

That's it.

2. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Reaper...!!!

3. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Man, I swear I tried liking Reaper many times along the years...Never could adapt to it. Too many hidden menus for my taste. It gets in the way of creativity, at least for me.

If there's one thing I value the most is workflow ergonomics. That's what I'm always looking for in every software I use.

I don't know if you guys are into CGI, but Reaper should follow Blender's example. Blender is an open source 3D software which was always nice, but too convoluted, too messy. In the latest version, they've spent two years tweaking its interface and man, it turned out excellent! Now it can compete face to face with even the most expensive 3d softwares out there.

If the Reaper team dedicated some time to make it more inviting and intuitive, it could became the king of DAWs.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  4. ontschoeit

ontschoeit Kapellmeister

I prefer Studio One workflow vastly over FL. Couldn't live without S1 mixer and routing. Not using FL any more. It confuses me. But that's just me. I agree with those who say S1 ist most intuitive.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. NIYALI

NIYALI Newbie

I mean, is it hard to get to know it, is piano roll as good as FL Studio one, is Studio One better for orchestral music than FL Studio?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  6. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I haven't any trouble with the S1's piano roll personnally,but I don't know what you expect.
    I find S1 quite perfect,I'm fast with it.I have tried FL in the past but for me S1 is better,it has all essential features.

I don't make orchestral music,so I don't use special articulations.I know S1 has some of these features but I don't know all what you need for orchestral composition.

Give a try to the AZ version,you know better than anybody what you want!

7. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

well ..me being an fl user for long time and switched to S1 last year
    i can advise you to try S1 ,try make a small project with studio one and see hows the workflow for you
    ,its easy ,S1 will scan your availble vst plugins
    then its an easy process drag the plugin to the first bar and start making a tune ,,thats it

the piano roll is simple and easier at S1 FOR orchestra/EDM/TRANCE or any genres
    it doesnt matter as long as you have the creativity to use piano roll on any other daw
    its the same with streching the bars/and lifting the velocity up and down for desired violins
    good luck

8. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i get the most work the fastest and most musical way to be done in, is Ableton Live 10.1, and i'm an old-school guy.

9. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I like Ableton for the creativity it inspires,I like its FXs,the session mode is cool too but that's all.Making a song with 50 tracks is a nightmare with this DAW.

10. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

Studio One is a great 'all-rounder'. FL has the best piano roll so great particularly for sequencing midi.
    they are both very good but if i had to choose it would have to be studio one..

11. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

many people use one daw to make a beat, because they find it intuitive and easy and then move to another to flesh it out. its very common.

12. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

Oh JEEZUS!! What is this KVR?? I'm sick to death of these apples vs oranges threads. The "best" DAW is the one
    that best suits your workflow. Personally, I mainly use Studio One for recording REAL musicians playing REAL
    instruments. I use use several other DAWS for different scenarios. There is no best. Rules are meant to be
    broken.