Fl studio new audio interface (motu) weird problem

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Frank_, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Frank_

Frank_ Newbie

Hello guys,
    I’m getting crazy with this problem, I hope somebody will be able to help me.

I got FL20, win 10, and all the audio interfaces I used work fine (Audient, m-audio, Focusrite) expect for MOTU 828es (both the normal one and 8pre, same problem).

Basically FL sees the audio interface, but:

- it makes no sounds
    - I can’t select In and Out (see pic)
    - Flstudio says that the buffer size is set to 0, and that’s not true on the motu program (is 0 buffer even possible??)
    - and when I press play the tempo marker doesn’t move, even if the tempo start going.

I already tried:
    - reinstalling Motu drivers
    - Reinstalling ASIO drivers
    - uninstalling other audio drivers
    - restarting the pc (lots of times)

what can I try?

I also tried to use Asio4all in the audio properties and then selecting motu inside the small ASIO thing, but no luck..

Attached Files:

3. Frank_

Frank_ Newbie

Oh, and YouTube also doesn’t work, if it can help

4. demha

demha Producer

Is your MOTU device connected through usb2 or thunderbolt? And if its usb, remove the device and reinsert, once you reconnect, first make it the default audio in your windows system and then open FLStudio and select "FLStudio ASIO" buffer should be 512. See if it plays any audio out. If you have any antivirus /firewall disable it temporarily. (dont run any unknown softwares)

5. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Same question as #demha do you use USB or thunderbolt? Have you updated to the last firmware? Also what is shown when you click on Show Asio Panel. One last thing try and go into Menu on your Motu device and see what it says in Device selection:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020

Attached Files:

6. Frank_

Frank_ Newbie

Thank you for you answers guys. Yes I use USB, every driver and firmware are updated and I disabled the antivirus.

Unfortunately FlStudio ASIO doesn’t work as well, what’s the difference with asio4all tho?

When I open ASIO Panel I can select Motu, Driver or both, with none of these possibilities I had luck. I’ll try for sure to check the Motu Menu, but with my friend’s computer it worked well (it’s a Mac, if it could help)

Thank you again!

7. demha

demha Producer

Asio4all takes complete control of your selected soundcard without sharing it with other programs, eg.-If you have any DAW selected with ASIO4ALL you cant play a youtube video with sound or an mp3 from a media player. FLSTUDIO's ASIO or MOTUs Own ASIO drivers usually allows your soundcard to be shared.
    Troubleshoot:
    Disconnect all sound devices and connect only one of the MOTU.
    First check if any sound works if MOTU is selected as the default (Playback devices) in windows. Not the DAW.
    If it does then try another DAW like Reaper. If sound works then try FLSTUDIO. If it doesnt then finally do a reinstall of FLSTUDIO and see if it works. Let me know.

8. lancexx

lancexx Producer

Get a mac and never worry about drivers again. Even my old school firewire interface running through through 2 adapters was immediately recognized.