fl studio ,nektar gx 49,midi cc assign

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by dimboris, Mar 19, 2021.

1. dimboris

dimboris Newbie

hello to all!!
    it's my first post, if I'm doing something wrong bare with me!
    so I got a MIDI question...
    i have integrated my Nektar gx 49 keyboards to work with FL studio, all good!
    but when I did that, the pot and the buttons are fixed in FL studio..so if I want to assign them anywhere else, the manual says I got to do this:
    Press the [Setup] button. The LED button is illuminated blue to indicate setup is active.
    Press the low C#1 on your keyboard to select Control Assign.
    Move or press a control to select the control you want to assign a MIDI CC message to.
    Enter the MIDI CC value using the white number keys spanning G3–B4 (G4-B5 on GX61).
    Press Enter (C5) to accept the change and exit Setup...
    but i can't get it to work, it all makes sense until the enter the cc value using the keyboard...maybe im doing something wrong there (which is the cc no??, do I have to confirm first in the key with enter, and then in the fl midi assign window?? or vise versa?)but maybe its something else i don't know...
    any help will be appreciated thanks, guys!! :)

3. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

In FL studio right click what ever it is you want to assign and link to controller then just move it on your midi device.
    Or if it's a non native FL Studio vst move what you are wanting to control then go to the FL menu Tools - Last tweaked - Link to controller and then move on your midi keyboard.
    I have a midi keyboard with menus etc but I've never looked into it, I just do it that way.

4. dimboris

dimboris Newbie

yes! this is the way i do it if the controller is not integrated into fl studio, now that it is.. the manual says that I have to do it us above cause the pot and the buttons are fixed to fl studio functions..so from the menu its the only choice now..

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

rule out FL completely to start. connect a standalone synth to it. what happens then? and has this ever worked?

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Which FL version and operating system do you use? Can you take a few screenshots of FL Studio settings.

Transport Control without Nektar DAW Integration
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1197163/Nektar-Gx49.html?page=11
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021