FL Studio needed transport panel design adjustment

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by etienne5777, Oct 21, 2014.

1. etienne5777

etienne5777 Newbie

I really hope to reach the right person at Image-line. Perhaps someone can help me spread the word because this has bothered me for a decade. Such a small tweak and Image-line are so lazy with tweaking the interface

As they are in the process of redesigning I really want to make sure that they tweak this similar to the way I have in my image. As far as I'm aware still present in upcoming release anyway.

Its about the inefficient size of the transport panel. There always seems to be so much unused space on larger screens and too much space taken up on smaller screens.

A little adjustment to the interface as demonstrated in the image below would improve the utilization of space and will make the program feel so much more slick.

As you can see I've slightly narrowed the height.

Please share and help me to post this in the right places http://tinypic.com/r/2va1to6/8

Attached Files:

3. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Maybe u can post it in here

http://forum.image-line.com/

4. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

but the way u edited..we need big monitors .It wont fit in mine :D

5. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

He asked if someone of us have some legal copy of Fl-Studio in order to post into the Image-line forum cause only Authorized people have access to post on the Forum...

6. danytone

danytone Newbie

you don't need necessary an original copy for post on the forum, just sign in by facebook.
    How did you get that vectorial graphic in your daw?
    Thanks.

7. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Nop, you can't post unless you buy something using your account.

8. etienne5777

etienne5777 Newbie

yeah you have to register your serial to post on the forums. I've got quite a few boxes of old copies of fruity and they give permanent upgrades but Im too lazy to go legitimate lol.

Image-line did pass on my suggestion to the developers though so hopefully they will take notice that the transport panel needs a scaling option at least.

FL 12 is gonna be so fuckin awesome if they just made the top bar/transport panel slimmer or re-sizable! The only thing in fruity that never seems to change!

by the way I used Photoshop to edit the look of the image just to illustrate how I think it should be adjusted

Thanks anyway guys!

9. manducator

manducator Member

So, someone is complaining about a problem 'for a decade' on software he hasn't paid for?

Right...

10. etienne5777

etienne5777 Newbie

Like I said I have multiple copies of older versions which I paid for and if I wanted to register and get the latest versions legitimately I could. Its just easier to download r2r cos Id have to take a trip to get the boxes.

I use Cubase 7 and use fruity for getting ideas down. If Image-line would tweak a few things Im definitely looking to register one of my older copies, and join the FL 12 community legitimately.

I'm looking forward to the new version a lot, I'm not complaining its feedback, Im talking about tweaks not faults! It makes me laugh when someone criticizes for using cracked software yet their computers probably full of the same.

11. manducator

manducator Member

I know I probably sound like an A-hole right now, but you expect that they tweak something that bothers you, without letting them know it bothers you. IL aren't mindreaders.

It's because of the community IL can improve their products, not because of people who complain outside the community. :dunno:

[A-hole mode=off]