FL Studio Mac 20.8.3

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by BiG Pluck, Jun 7, 2023.

1. BiG Pluck

BiG Pluck Kapellmeister

I apologize guy I don't see any way of deleting my original post. But I downloaded the latest version directly from Image-Line's site. I just want to learn FL Studio.
    aside from the version I wrote about 20.8.3 the latest version 21.0.3 is working just fine.
    It was mentioned to me by Clone (thanx dude) that 20.8.3 may have two versions. Intel & Silicon. I'm on an old Intel version. Either way the site said the version 21.0.3 I downloaded is good for both versions. Either way as I said it's working just fine for my purposes. To learn FL Studio.

Thanx guys.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  3. statik

statik Audiosexual

/Users/[your name]/Documents/Image-Line/FL Studio/Settings/Internet/

4. BiG Pluck

BiG Pluck Kapellmeister

Thanx Statik but there was nothing there.

5. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

@BiG Pluck which mac do you have the Mac Mini?

6. statik

statik Audiosexual

if your fl studio is working i wouldnt worry about it

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
  7. BiG Pluck

BiG Pluck Kapellmeister

I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro, using the latest version of Ventura.

8. BiG Pluck

BiG Pluck Kapellmeister

Well FL Studio is not working and I do worry about it because Image Line does monitor for illegal use of their product. Someone I know received a notification from Image Line threatening to take action so he purchased it and all is well now.
    I prefer this method because now that I'm making a little bit of money from my music I prefer to buy what I love to use.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

Best Answer
    It's because installation instructions on "illegal" releases of audio software are often quite incomplete or incorrect. The instructions for the one you are using originally say to delete those files "if it applies". If you do not locate them, continue the install steps. Sometimes you even need to create a folder/directory where certain files are supposed to go (like licenses). Usually they do the best they can with instructions, but there are so many different configurations. Sometimes they are outright wrong.

Use your hosts file to block their domains, and you can also firewall in their application so no "monitoring" i.e. home-calling occurs.

If your FL is not working, there was actually a release which is labelled as specifically for Intel-based machines running Ventura OS (like yours). Maybe you have better luck with that one; it appears it is same version, but different build number.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. BiG Pluck

BiG Pluck Kapellmeister

Thanx Clone, that clearly makes a lot of sense due to the fact that a lot of software is Metal compatible which automatically make software incompatible with my Dinosaur. I have to use Waves version 11 due to this. That means no using the latest of Waves because they don't make a non-metal Intel version.
    Thanx a bunch Clone!

11. BiG Pluck

BiG Pluck Kapellmeister

No I have a Frankenstein MackBook Pro 17" Mid 2010 running the latest version of Ventura. I'm about to go check out Sonoma.

12. Cayden Evans

Cayden Evans Newbie

if you find a version thats working please dm ive been looking for fl studio mac for a long time

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

My dinosaur is also 2010 and non-Metal compliant either. You can "trick" these machines into running newer operating systems, but you are still pretty much restricted to using stuff which has Minimum System Requirements of High Sierra 10.13., Logic 10.4, etc. Or you will have some odd results with stuff that you can get to install but not actual work correctly.