Fl Studio Loop Recordings

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by jusicjan, Jan 17, 2019.

1. jusicjan

jusicjan Noisemaker

Hey guys, does anyone know how to stop FL from cutting off a little piece of the recording clip at the end of a line when loop recording audio. Because it's stopping me from joining the ending of the topline recording from the start of the next recording on the next line. If I'm stacking harmonys and Im looping 4 or 8 bars, it never is the fully flush number of bars recorded.

3. Tew500

Tew500 Noisemaker

It may because of the zoom level in the playlist if you have it set to line and your ppq is at the default or higher you may not have it lined up exactly. Mayne try zooming into the playlist and see if your looped selection is an exact on the line. If not change your time signature to bar so when selecting a loop range it always falls on the bar. Hope this helps

4. jusicjan

jusicjan Noisemaker

Thanks for replying, it didnt help though. I've learnt to get into the habit of always using the bar grid for when I want to highlight so that isnt the issue. Im definitely looping it clean. I did discover it's probably something that would go away if I was recording through a quality interface that would allow the buffer size to drop more, because when recording at the lowest buffer sizes, the gap cut off does reduce. So I guess thats it.. Only in a perfect world with 0 delay it would record fully? Kind of odd, cause doesn't everyone record with at least some slight delay? How to they get the clean loop recorded then?

5. SmokeOfSVP

SmokeOfSVP Newbie

First I'd say you should def get an interface before doing anything, but even without one you should be able to record a full loop. If it's a latency issue from not having an interface try selecting an extra bar to export, if you're bouncing a 4 bar loop bounce 5 bars then just cut it where you need to. Also make sure you're export settings are set to "Leave Remainder"

6. Kabu

Kabu Member

you are right. it seems a bug since FL 20.0.3 update. I reported it in image-line youtube and to Forum members too. Loop recording cannt finish the bar assigned within a loop.