Fl Studio Forum, EzKeys2 drag to midi sustain problem

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by sweeper, Mar 10, 2024.

1. sweeper

sweeper Newbie

Hello everyone. When I do MIDI drag with Ezkeys2, it does not see the sustain information. I can't find an answer to this problem, I'm using Cubase, but I think someone posted the solution on Fl studio's forum site. Since I don't use Fl studio, I can't see what is written in the forum. I would be very grateful if someone with a license can write the solution for me from this link

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=227180

3. Strangeflows

Strangeflows Newbie

Jos Jossey
    Tue May 05, 2020 7:50 am

0 x
    EZKEYS midi files with FL studio
    HI,

When I drag and drop the midi files from EZKEYS plugin browser to its piano roll, only the notes are getting played and not the CC data (sustain) attached to it.

I could hear the sustain when played from plugins midi browser but not when dragged it to the piano roll.

What is that I am doing wrong here.. All the other DAWS are able to do this perfectly.. Please help.

syncline
    Tue May 05, 2020 8:15 am

0 x
    Re: EZKEYS midi files with FL studio
    Hi Jos,

Here is how I get it done.

1. Drag the MIDI from EZKeys to the FL piano roll. As you say, only the note data is copied, not the CC data.
    2. In the EZKeys plugin options (plugin wrapper upper left corner) select Browse Parameters.
    3. In the FL browser, right click the CC64 (Damper Pedal (sustain)) option and select 'Edit Events' - another event editor window should open.
    4. Finally, drop the MIDI from EZKeys into the new event editor (don't worry about selecting which MIDI part) - the Sustain MIDI data will appear.

After these steps you'll notice that the sustain data is now available in the EZKeys piano roll window at the bottom if you select it under 'Control'.

Unless something has changed in the new Betas, this is still the fastest, most reliable way to get such data from EZKeys. I wish it were easier.
    Jos Jossey
    Tue May 05, 2020 9:15 am

0 x
    Re: EZKEYS midi files with FL studio
    WOWWW !!! That worked super finely !!! finally a working solution atleast !! would be great if its incorporated in upcoming versions of FL Studio

4. sweeper

sweeper Newbie

Dude, really thank you so much