FL Studio for Mac

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Bunford, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Anybody know anything on this? I used FL back in 2002/3 and since moved to Mac and gone through Reason, Cubase, Ableton and currently on Logic. However, none have 'clicked' with me as much as FL did in terms of usability. I would love to buy it for Mac but not going to spend a few hundred on a ported beta that may never become a native Mac application.

Anybody know anything about a Mac release? Any registered FL (legit) users able to access the IL forums have any updates?

Also, if using the ported beta Mac version, can you use your Mac's VST folder or do you have to install them again in a separate Windows format somehow, if that is even possible?

THANKS!

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

You can make an account there, that's what I did.

4. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

only thing i miss is the easy and fast approach in creating loops, building quick drafts, ideas - just scratching a bit on or going deep under the hood. this can be achieved inside a virtual windows instance without problems - i remember used once a wine port but it was horrible, thats why i stick with fls inside virtual windows xp machine.

if the port is wine based, you have to use windows plug-ins.
    when the port becomes mac native you will be able to use your default mac plugin folder.

but really doubt that there is is enough mac demand that would justify a complete code rewrite from visual pascal to objective c

... when you almost forget about it, it will appear one day by chance ^^

so if you really like it use it in virtual windows, stay away from wine ports, they totally suck and crash more often than windows me did.

BUT - If you really want to use it create a windows bootcamp partition, install a barebone winxp (~1gb installed) - 20gig partition should be fully sufficent as you are able to access the hfs+ partitions from windows and use the instrument and sample libs on both osses. so you set up just fls and install just the required dll plugs, install samples and drum on osx's hfs partition. set up ntfs compression to get even more useable space on the windows partition. ntfs compression is very effective with binary files and executables.

5. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

there will be a native mac version of Fl Studio, this is the good news the bad news, it's not any time soon ! it will take time ! so mush time, they said maybe at the end of this year will be a beta native version ? dunno :dunno:

anyway let's hope for the best !

6. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

I got the beta 'wrapped' version before. It sucked. Nothing worked right. Its the only other DAW id really work with besides Logic but the wine-wrapped version was terrible. I couldnt get plugins to load, gui had glitches, it came barebones as all the FL plugins didnt work right (poizone, drumaxx, slicex or whatever they are). So i said 'fudge-it' and moved on. And im happy as a pig with Logic X. Always loved working in logic since i had version 7.

7. real

real Kapellmeister

Yes they are definitely working on a MAC port. It will take forever, unfortunately. If you make an account with ImaageLine you can ask about it on their forums.

Might I suggest Presonus Studio One. I know everybody has their preferences in DAW, whatever one works for you for whatever reason is the right DAW. I am an FL studio user who has switched to Studio One as my main DAW. I love FL Studio and still use it, but there are certain things that just 'click' with me better in Studio One in terms of organization and intuitiveness. I'll go out on a limb and say that Studio One and FL Studio are my two favorite DAWs. All that was just to say that you may find a DAW that you gel with in Studio One if you liked FL Studio. I certainly did.

8. asad12

asad12 Platinum Record

I've tried FLS.v11.0.2.1.PB.
    It was running fine on OS x Mavericks. If I can remember, I don't think you can use your Mac's VST's.
    Some of FL Studio's native plugins and instruments not running properly due to some fonts that need to be intalled.
    Previous version did have a problem recognizing some hardware. This was solved in the version I mentioned above.
    Keep in mind it's Pre-Beta.

if no one sent you a link yet, pm.

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

yes you access the IL forum with the account.

problem is FL is written in delphi and delphi is windows only.
    so they need to rewrite the whole FL APIs in the mac enviroment.
    as comparision: Deckadance had about 10-15% of the API of FL and it took them 6 months, so one can imagine how long it takes for FL then to have a native MAC FL.

they made a special corssover version for FL, which is working fine there. or just install FL in bootcamp under windows, its the easiest solution until IL has finished something useable.

10. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

The only thing I liked about Fruity Loops Studio was a couple of the synths and the ease of creating drum machine parts. It just isn't laid out as well for live recording. Seems it was designed for electronic music, mostly.

11. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Hm Crossover wrapped sounds like crap, at least performance wise no?

12. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

It doesn't sound like crap, beyond the "proof of concept", there's no working interest whatsoever.
    You can use a bootcamp to windows but you won't be able to use your Mac VST.

13. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

most of the mac vsts have a windows version to use inside bootcamp!