FL Studio.. finally sold on it.

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by One Reason, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Xiny6581

Xiny6581 Noisemaker

Make up your personal opinion about what sequencer you want to use.
    -Botanize the surrounding,
    -venture the landscape,
    -explore the land,
    -find the perfect spot,
    -plant the see,
    -add water,
    -watch is grow,
    -add sunshine,
    -add oxygen,
    -add nutrients
    -care about the plant,
    -watch it turn into a flower,
    -see the flower bloom,
    -enjoy what it gives to you!

In the end all that matters is music and that is what we like to hear. Music music and music. Not a bloody comparing saying "this is bad this is good that here this there...". To make a function you need to get into the function :)

:) Peace ane Love :grooves:

2. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Obscure.. I was pretty much in the same boat as you regarding Cubase at one time.. and until FL 10 came out I thought almost the same way.. but, after watching a ton of vids, and givng FL 10 a thorough look, I can say now It has def. evloved into a fully fledged daw.

I dont make 'beats' I write songs.. guitar, vocals, multiple drum setups, samples, syths, keys, the whole 9 yards... and to me at least, I think not giving FL 10 a decent look would have been cheating myself..

I'm glad I did now. :thumbsup:

The Eniggma - How does changing samplerates change, or effect things regarding the reasons u do it?

3. obscure

obscure Newbie

Is that so? I think I might just take another shot at it, give it a few months...after all, I did like that piano roll.

I change buffer sizes (edit:i said sample rates before as well...tired night) on this computer too, I just switch it down to a smaller size when I'm recording midi.

One Reason I do this is for the lower round trip latency (RTL) lower sample rates allow, meaning you detect less delay between triggering a midi note on your controller and hearing the resulting output from your virtual instrument. Whether or not this is a big issue for you depends on your individual wants/needs (a live performance needs as low as you can get), your computer's processing power (higher sample rates stress your processor less, and allow you more tracks/plugs before hitting 100) and your audio interface's drivers (some are just designed better, read here, here and here)

4. bigberg3k

bigberg3k Newbie

No biggie, I just WISH that I didn't have to change my buffer, Excuse me not samplerate like 44.1 to 96khz( I meant buffer) because If I'm laying down some midi at 128 I will get pops on the playback of the audio thats already in my huge session...na mean? Audio playback at 1024 is kosher... I have a Mackie 1640i mixer as the interface pretty decent...can get as low as 32 or 64 on the buffer. for precise midi laydown..not good for playback tho...I'm guessing that this is just the way it is...

5. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

You can freeze tracks in any DAW...granted, not as easy as Cubase...

I don't rely on any DAW's stock sounds and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody either. Unless, of course, they want to sound like the above artists that you mentioned.

128 sample rate? Do you mean buffer size?

As far as sample rate goes, I do everything @ 44.1...no need to for 48 and bounce down IMO. And I use ASIO4ALL with my integrated audio (Realtek). I leave if to force everything at the WDM driver to 16 bits. I come from using an SP1200 then a MPC2000xl.. I'm bitcrushing, rolling off highs and adding aliasing effects to get MORE lo-fi.. So, naturally, you can imagine this isn't an issue to me at all *yes*

6. bigberg3k

bigberg3k Newbie

Im pretty familiar with freezing tracks since SX, I'm talking about exporting out 16 AUDIO Tracks with monster plugins on Each of them AND then exporting them into a final mixing session that has no plugins on it, in about 3 mouse clicks.... I dont know anyone who uses stock DAW sounds, I'd put money on the fact that Juliano's stuff is better than a lot of people's "music" who use fruity loops....I sometimes use 96khz on my drums first then convert to 44.1 on everything else cause it sounds better to me... :wink:

7. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

If you liked the piano roll before, I think its been improv3d some more.

This shows ALL the new additions and improvements.

Awesome stuff. :dancing:

8. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

Well, if you weren't mentioning stock sounds... why would you say FL or Maschine sounds better than Reason?

DAW's do not "sound" different...

Maschine isn't even a DAW, and it imparts it's own sound...but has nothing to do with how it handles audio...it imaprts it's color from the effects.

Psychoacoustics are definitely a great thing :wink:

9. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I cant seem to get 64bit Kontakt 5 to load in FL 10.0.08 but K4 64bit.. does. :snuffy:

10. bigberg3k

bigberg3k Newbie

Being that it is on it's 10th edition, it's safe to say advances have been made... Looks pretty good, How does it install? Do you remove/delete FL9 off your PC since your uprgading to 10, or does it upgrade from 9 to 10 for you?

So when Steinberg figures out the Imageline Script Codes of workflow, and creates Cubase 7 or 8 then I'll have to get that too... we'll talk about this later :wow:

11. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

what is happening when you load it

12. bigberg3k

bigberg3k Newbie

Listen carefully little boy, I never said maschine was a DAW it is being used as VST(scroll up), Pretty much all of Native Instruments VSTi's sound better than Propellerhead reasons sound modules....Meaning yes it handles audio better. So much so that Reason has to intergrate through Record so you can acheive such quality...otherwise sounds cheesy, but you probably like that...

What are you calling stock sounds, SAMPLES? Because they are not the same. I use samples.

If your one of those people who think you can get a Pro Tools HD9 "sound" from Abelton Live 8x 32 ....prove it :bleh: ...go get Red One or Any Major Industry Poroducer to start using abelton instead for their Final Mix....

I agree psycoacoustics are great, bit crushing not so much... :wink:

13. bigberg3k

bigberg3k Newbie

My computer doesnt compute...

14. bigberg3k

bigberg3k Newbie

What is this guy smokin, I want some :dunno:

15. Upsagain

Upsagain Newbie

WTF –SAiNT this post is SPAM . :dunno:

16. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

"But if you listen to Lex Luger or Johnny Juliano's beats you should also be sold on FL10 as well. Is it just me or does Propellerhead Reason5 sound funny, Maschine and FL10 sounds better to me....Do people still heavily use reason and for what, I can usually tell if someone did use it cause of this resonance filter sound it makes.."

You explicitly said Reason.... Now, if you would have said "Reasons sound modules" then OK.. But you said "I can usually tell if someone did use it cause of this resonance filter sound it makes.."...................

GOOD LUCK proving that. I mean, I am nobody to tell you what you are hearing but I would bet money that the "resonance" sound you are hearing is more from your tinnitus than Reasons "sound engine"

Stock sounds = what comes in the box... and YES, some of those are samples too!

Not sure what you mean by "If your one of those people who think you can get a Pro Tools HD9 "sound" from Abelton Live 8x 32"... Let's go a little deeper into that statement though...

I will substitute synonymous terms so even you can understand your own statement.

"If you are one of those people that think you can get a proprietary hardware dependent DAW that comes with it's own unique A/D D/A conversion type sound from a strictly digital domain tool, prove it"..... No, I am not one of those people... We call them idiots.

Seriously, anybody who uses Ableton can be using from a range of 5,000 different audio interfaces/soundcards... So the dude using integrated audio WON'T sound like a PT HD rig... the dude using Ableton with a Lynx Aurora, however, WILL.

Says the dude who doesn't know a soundcard from a DAW

17. Upsagain

Upsagain Newbie

I can say that you know nothing about FL and Cubase.

18. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Just says loading plugin in the lil fruity wrapper(Samper) window.. and Kontakt 5 never does open.

19. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Whats spam about it? Its a discussion about a DAW, or 2... you have a problem with it? Feel free to hit the back button.

:thumbsup:

20. bigberg3k

bigberg3k Newbie

LITTLE BOYS CRY TO DADDY...

If you want to challange me to a FL10 beat contest just say so...