FL Studio 24 - thoughts?

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Trolman, Jul 1, 2024 at 10:23 AM.

1. Laurenz

Laurenz Newbie

actually if i may for my first post, from now on fl studio will give its DAW the number of the current year. so that at a glance we can know if we have the latest version. that's it. that's all. otherwise thanks to audioz for all these shares. it's very appreciated. have a good summer everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. verwest

verwest Member

In general, FL does not provide more effective updates
    He is mostly publishing things that I don't think are particularly attractive
    For example, in the previous version, which I thought was ridiculous, it was about the software theme
    As a composer, I am looking for features that will make my work easy. I don't care if the color of the software is blue or pink.
    In my opinion, FL should work more on playlist management so make that smart, just like Ableton
    Ableton's playlist is really super great:yes:, everything can be done with one or two clicks, while in FL, it has to be done more than 10 or 15 clicks.
    FL mixer looks good, but it makes work more difficult. For example, I make electronic music and I'm doing sound production. FL mixer limits me. Hey, I have to link to that one channel, or for example, it's a bit difficult to play with inserts.(I mean the placement of inserts and channel management) Of course, I know that it is easy to work with them when the project is empty, but when the project becomes heavy, the problems show themselves.
    In my opinion, IL should move the FL update logic to a place where clicking is minimized
    For example, for a simple task of side-chaining two signals in FL, I have to click 10 times (try, for example, Kickstart 2 audio mode or sooth 2), while this problem reaches a maximum of 4 clicks in Ableton.
    IL should cook FL more, until he puts useless things in it, or he should update his old plugins, update his equalizer, make it more useful, until I'm a composer, dont use Pro Q 3 fabfilter.

Either his compressor or his other plugins, cook his plugins to make them the best, not that he has a parametric equalizer 2, they just gave it a series of minor changes, it has had the same one for 15 years now.
    And many small things that can make the software more complete

In general, I think FL is like a girlfriend that you love, she is sexy, but she is a bit slow and goes to bed.:wink:

3. Laurenz

Laurenz Newbie

actually if i may for my first post, from now on fl studio will give its DAW the number of the current year. so that at a glance we can know if we have the latest version. that's it. that's all. otherwise thanks to audioz for all these shares. it's very appreciated. have a good summer everyone.

4. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Moving towards the cloud evil looks like a frightening future for a DAW. They would better get rid of that childish interface for teenagers from the 90s. But the main problem of FLstudio are countess dropdown menus with several levels which make me upset every time I try that DAW :crazy:

5. Thotu

Thotu Ultrasonic

You can buy it without subscribing and it comes with lifetime updates. This is there optional service.

6. Chaindog

Chaindog Producer

FLCoud.jpg

Now I am confused.
    :mad:

7. genophyte

genophyte Producer

oh i was worried we would be forced into a subscription .

this has ultimately led me to be incredibly picky with vst ,vsti i buy now.
    reaktor , fl studio , sinevibes , puremagnetik , synplant , serum , invader 2 , sugarbytes ,melda , and just grabbed massive on sale after all these years (14gb of hoarded presets:sad:) .

still split on fab filter for the bundle or just go with saturn and the eq

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

I meant something more like the number of total copies, over the span of the years. They have become a big bloated and sometimes hard-to-install bundle. But when they were like Gold, Mercury Bundle, etc. etc. everyone had them. They were not very many options to really pick from. A big percentage of people learned on them, because of their widespread use. They are as "industry standard" as Protools, just because they always have been. People/studios are already married to them. They have always been similar in performance on most DAWs (including FL), on either Mac or PC platform. It would be interesting to see real numbers, but obviously that's not going to happen.

9. altair033

altair033 Ultrasonic

One of the things that breaks my balls is the CPU consumption when you want to zoom into a waveform or clip in the playlist. You must change the PPQ in the project settings to 960 ticks per quarter, yet you can't go to a sample-level zoom. Which is something super basic in other DAWS.

10. canbi

canbi Kapellmeister

they didnt, its not on the sister site

what

11. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

brilliant.

12. Rickr

Rickr Newbie

I've been using FL Studio since I believe 2002. About every 2 years or so, I get this very dramatic surge of motivation within me to FINALLY purchase the app that has given back to me so much. I eagerly find their website and about 20 minutes later I exit their site and look for the latest cracked version. Simply put, their prices are absolutely ridiculous. I'm not a cheap person. I'm willing to pay a good amount of money for something truly worth it but sadly one of the biggest flaws of FL Studio is it is literally the exact same app as it was when I first started using it. All the updates and added features are mediocre. It's capabilities haven't changed much at all. I've been waiting for something to be done about the trainwrecky workflow and crazy organization of its various elements. It just feels haphazard and permanently stuck in 2002. The exact same plugins, the same functionality. It just doesn't grow.

So when I get that surge to pay my dues for being the app I most consistently use and see I must shell out $500 for something that has hardly changed and I'd be paying for the ability to see that I am an official owner and I can get all that for free, it's hard to put the money up. What really makes me not buy it is my ever-on going crusade to find a good comprehensive tutorial to master the app. The fact I still haven't mastered it in all these years means it has some serious problems. Not intuitive. I feel like a newbie and an expert on the app at the same time; able to do basic stuff but not enough to feel confident because its many layers of elements give me a scatterbrained type of knowledge that doesn't result in expertise. It's a great app to toy with and experiment on but you won't pick up any skills over time.

I've been thinking about trying other apps and am very willing to learn them if they will fill all the voids that FL Studio is so good at providing so that I can finally feel like an expert at music production. I don't like having to do different things using different apps like I currently do. FL Studio should be more than just it's excellent piano roll, which is its best feature.

13. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

ohh i see.. kinda like reaper too

i'm always surprised when dude has pro-q or something like that but pulls waves parametric

14. ArticStorm

they just overdid their plugin ideas - sometimes even crap ideas, im still on a R2R copy from 2018, before they really started to grind plugins.

to be honest im only interested in their stock plugins from like 2015s, everything else after is not needed.

Their plugins are decent i would say, industry yeah - they were and people stuck with them.

there was even a course from like 2004 done with Waves together, i still love this course.

15. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

There are a lot of good ideas in FL.
    But the original workflow still there (for obvious reason).
    And this way of treating audio, separare tracks from instruments, integrated step seq and such "features" is beating my brain.

On the other side, i see good musicians using it.
    Especially with the good piano roll, nice arrangement view and more.

To me, you hate it or love it.
    I finally know : i hate it.

Like i loved Reason for years ... and now i would not touch it again.
    The same way i hate Reaper for being ... bizarre ?

Now i only use "regular" DAWs : Cubase, S1, Logic (when i was on Mac) ...

Each one his own :mates:

16. ArticStorm

if i could transport one feature from FL over to Ableton i would be the Step Seq.

and one instrument would be 3xOsc - this little thing is so easy to program and its just so dirty sounding at the same time.

the Step Seq came from the idea of TRs and i really love it, its quick and easy to learn.

17. dylan63819

dylan63819 Newbie

so it is not possible to use cracked third party plugins with legitimate fl and online clouds?