FL Studio 21 Moog Matriarch problem solving

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by FrankWhite23, Aug 24, 2023.

1. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

hello guys,
    its me again i just wanted to thank everyone who commented on my last question these past 3 days i've learned so much my brain hurts lol
    i got my matriarch today and got everything connected and i'm not to bad at patching sounds but still got a ways to go.
    i'm having a hard time understanding what i may be doing wrong i have my synth connected to 3&4 of my inputs on my RME babyface pro i have sound going into FL studio with USB midi connected to the moog but i noticed in the mixer when i try to send the signal to a AUx or a send to another channel it doesn't seem to pick up the signal. Because normally how i work i'll come up with a 8 or 16 bar loop and render it by arming the track and then going to disk recording then to render tracks to wav file but it is just silence when i do that i thought maybe i could bypass whatever weird behavior it was doing by sending it to a AUX but it won't let me do that.. i would even be ok with just recording straight audio in song mode but to create the midi then having to pull up edison is just a buzz kill and i know normally there is more then one way to skin a cat in DAW's i'm just hoping for a better work flow or Image line to get on there shit and update it so there are more options to record external gear.

3. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

When I record with an analogue synth or drum machine I choose the input from the list, in the example it shows that it is a microphone but it should show the availability of the outputs on your RME. You can then choose what you want to record, the audio or the midi notes.

On a side note,I personally record audio into Edison if captured by microphone to quickly and easily remove any noise between things, especially with vocals. I love Edison.

[​IMG]

4. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

So essentially there is no way to live record straight into fl studio like you would with vocals but with the synth. You have to use Edison if you want to do things in real time .. I can probably get used to that .. will take some time

5. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

No, whatever the input of the audio signal of your synth is plugged into, in your instance 3 & 4, will be shown as in the example. Pick them in the drop down. Then just arm the track(s), right click the record button, choose what you want to record, either just audio, just midi notes or both. When you are ready to record press the record button then play and that should do it.

6. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

And also, I monitor through TotalMix to lose any latency issues. I disconnect the track I'm recording on the the master track and monitor through TotalMix.

7. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

You really are the man ... thank you so much for everything

8. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I hope it worked out.

9. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

One last thing .. I have my channel and port set on 3 .. I get sound through the mixer but the midi won't play now I'll right click and go in piano roll and click a note and it's nothing... but I can touch the key and the key will light up and I'll have sound.. does the matriarch have a midi channel it's supposed to be on or a specific port or is this just a bug?

10. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

I have everything enabled .. and I tried shutting down and turning it back on

Attached Files:

11. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

I have it connected as as USB not midi out .. I have a midi cable should I just stick with USB or connect it via midi

12. clone

clone Audiosexual

the default Midi channel is 1. You can change it using keys. https://api.moogmusic.com/sites/default/files/2023-03/Matriarch_Manual_012023.pdf

look on and around page 63.

they do the same thing. You probably have to do firmware updates using the USB. Otherwise, use whichever connection works better with your setup. Number of USB ports vs Midi I/O count.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I only use USB. @No Avenger a while back made mention that a midi connection adds more a latency (if I remember correctly). Perhaps he'll chime in.

14. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Oh, did I? Not that I could recall, ATM. Usually, MIDI is pretty fast. Maybe because it needs to be converted to digital? :unsure:
    Think about it I must.