FL Studio 21 is coming with un-expected new features .

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by jay jay, Apr 8, 2022.

?

Are you exited ?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2022.
  1. yes

55 vote(s)
    59.8%
  2. no

37 vote(s)
    40.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

Are you aware that this list is +7 year old? Deadmau5 switched to Ableton many years ago, Avicii switched to Logic in the end, to name a few.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  2. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

Sure, I can put some wheels on my dog and call it a skateboard. You can press record in FL, start moving faders up & down, put some audio clips and call it a live performance. It's limited. Why is it so hard to accept it lol

Its not the tools, its the artisan? Interesting. Have you heard about AI? It's taking producers to new places. And if you rely so much on skills what's the point on using so many DAWs on different machines then?

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Again and again this endless " The DAW but is better and the producer also uses it " , then the next no ...etc.!
    Everyone can choose a "digital audio workstation" with which he wants to make music.
    What you install on your computer at home and use is up to you as an individual.

4. bravesounds

bravesounds Kapellmeister

Yes.fl studio is a concept that is more faithful to the purpose of music making.
    The same goes for DAWs like ableton reason etc.
    Pro tools are optimized for recording and audio editing, but music making is still poor compared to other DAWs.
    You just have to choose the tool that suits the situation.
    As far as I know, fl studio is one of the most loved DAWs by industrial music makers along with ableton.
    Martin Garrix, Madeon, Avicii, Porter robinson , monte booker, kaytranada, boi-1da, metro boomin, wondagurl ...
    Is your music better than them?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

Why is so hard for you to accept that FL Studio is a good alternative and is used by many professionals you seem to like?

Because variety is the spice of life and because I can. ;) It's a sad day when you limit yourself to only one set of tools.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  6. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

That's my point, all I'm saying is FL is perfect for beatmakers and people who is in an intermediate level. Of course, there are a few cases like Martin Garrix, Porter Robinson, Madeon.etc use it only for production, but that's just a few (they don't even record audio with FL).

That's subjective. Irrelevant.

7. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

You're stating a subjective opinion about a piece of software.
    Now *that* is very irrelevant.

8. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

The stats literally show you that most used DAWs are: Ableton, Logic & Pro Tools (in that order) and you prefer going for a $500 DAW with limited tools. Aight

Right, so tools are indeed important. It's not only about talent and discipline.

Almost anyone would choose Ableton if they had to go for only one DAW, it's the most versatile DAW at the moment.

9. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

Right, the quality of my music is more relevant here than a shared opinion about FL Studio on a *discussion about FL Studio*. Makes total sense :wink:

10. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

So now you disregard other person’s subjective opinion as irrelevant, but yours isn’t of course. LOL.
    You don’t make much sense and now you base your subjective opinion for on stats on most commonly used DAWs and your own subjective opinion than one of them that is not even on that top three is a much better choice for “almost anyone”.

i mean, hubris, projection and moving goalposts much?

You don’t like FL Studio? Fine. But don’t get into a “mah daw is bettah than yourz” argument. It’s boring, trite, useless.

People use what they want to use and if you are creative enough can do amazing things with it. Sometimes even stuff not originally intended for its initial purpose.

But by all means, keep sharing your wisdom with the masses. We need your enlightened opinions.That’s what the Internet is for.

11. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

@Qiloo, that's not true and it's an assertion you make that has nothing to do with reality. You are engaging in polemics here.

Polemic refers to a usually sharp dispute of opinion in the context of political, literary or scientific discussions.
    The aim is to assert one's own opinion even if it is not factually consistent or only partially consistent with reality.

For a beginner making music on a computer for the first time, the big DAW's are often way too complicated and confusing and in part rather daunting for a beginner and in part impossible to use. FL Studio managed to provide for beginners and for people with little money a DAW that make the entry into the music easier.
    For most people who make music, it's not about talent and discipline at all, it's about having fun.
    If you train to be a sound engineer in Germany, you will be trained on Steinberg - Cubase with a MacOS.

The people who have talent and discipline are scarce, there are always exceptional talents, most professional musicians have a solid education, some have even studied an instrument at university. These are the exceptions to the rule.

Many would like to be like him or her, but your talent and ability is not enough. So bury your role models, you do not need role models. Make music, be creative and have fun with it.

12. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

My guy, that wasn't his opinion, he only asked a question. At what I said it's irrelevant so I'd rather not answer. (And I don't make sense lol...irony)

Base of my opinion was FL Studio being limited by its audio editing tools, and limted integration with MIDI and hardware, among other things. The stats were just info to support that. C'mon it's not that hard.

I never specified which DAW I'm using, perhaps you assumed it was Ableton?

And that creativity is meant to be exploded inside a limted DAW? :no:
    At this stage it looks like you don't get the point. It's cool..

13. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Nope, he also produces certain artists and works in his (meanwhile) own studio, which he also rents to other professionals
    if needed. Artists choose him because of his talents (plays multiple instruments like a pro) and his style of music, not because
    of the Software he uses and I can tell you, he's pretty successful with what he does.

In the end you can think what you want and if your definition of professionalism is a specific product, then go for it
    but important is, that you can make a living from what you do and if it works out pretty well with FL, why not?

14. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

okay, check the stats. not a stats guy? name a more versatile DAW.

It's literally what me and other people have been saying all this time :dunno:

Mixing theory and practice can be thought in any DAW, even just a console. That doesn't mean Cubase is the best option. It actually isn't (price-content relation). But that's another discussion.

My point here is: DAWs aren't exactly cheap, if you want to get one, it's smarter to pick one that covers most fields and has a good workflow.

15. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

So much energy waste to argue for or against a DAW :sad:

If you don't like it, don't use it, but don't try to ruin the fun for other people.

If you like it, go enjoy it instead of trying to convince people that it's the best DAW. Short answer it's not, because there's not such thing as "best", it's like car, people prefer BMW over Mercedes, some prefer Renault over Porsche (it's weird I know, but my grandpa was like that), and just like food, your taste can change with time, but you can't really decide what you like or dislike (even more if you never taste anything)

Some people use Protools but aren't professionnels, some people use FL and makes millions, some sound engineer will laught at you if you show up at the studio with Ableton or FL, some other sound engineer will just don't care cause they care about the final result (usually those are the one who get more work done)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  16. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

17. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Why does this versatile DAW absolutely suck ass with regards to CPU spikes? What about initial versions of 11 which sucked at VST3? Why did the ex-devs of this versatile DAW leave Ableton to create Bitwig? When will this versatile DAW support Linux, since what its coded on probably supports Linux better than Windows?

18. Qiloo

Qiloo Ultrasonic

CPU spikes? I have it both on Mac & Win and runs smooth af. In regards to cpu spikes, that's another FL problem, the GUI needs more resources than Ableton's minimal GUI. You can actually see many people complaining about that here.

Really complaining about initial versions? That happens with almost every software. And come on, FL Studio just added fade ins/fade outs at its 21st version. Shameful.

Dunno, in the meantime get a PC like everyone else. FL Linux's support isn't even native.

19. genophyte

genophyte Producer

you have got to be willfully obtuse at this point .

not only that but you keep doubling down on fl is for beatmakers as if the piano roll is not existent.

20. uladzislau

uladzislau Producer

@Olymoon @No Avenger Сlose this thread please. Something exciting has turned into complete bullshit

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List