FL studio 20.1.1 external sidechain input 3rd Party plugins

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by ThugLife, Jan 19, 2019.

1. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Hey everyone,

I used to sidechain the kick to the 808 channel in my fl studio Mixer, no extra Feedback, just sidechain Signal, c6 sidechain or another 3rd Party plugin on the 808 channel.
    Click on the wrench Icon, select sidechain Signal (from kick) AND Light it up right to it to enable it!
    Wanted to Do the Same now and realized i still can select my sidechain Source but there's no Button to Light up anymore.
    As soon as I select the sidechain Signal channel (without lighring up) it mutes the 808.
    Now the Strange thing: when I open up an older project where I Set it up like that, it all works like it used to and when I click on the wrench Icon i can even See the Light Buttons and they're lit up.
    So what am I Missing to get the Lights back.
    When I noticed this is Made the update from 20.0.5 to 20.1.1 but it's the Same in both versions for me.

Thanks in advance :)

3. mono

mono Audiosexual

@ThugLife
    Im not too sure whats causing the error but there could be a work around ,
    opening an old project that it was working in and save just the mixer channel state
    then start up a new project and load the mixer channel state and see how it works.
    you can then resave it as a project template if ya like.

I use fruity limiter to sidechain in fl studio is very good with low cpu ,you should give it a try sometime.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fl+studio+fruity+limiter+sidechain+

This is an other handy vid

4. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

@momo thank you for looking into my Problem. I can now tell you why this happened and what caused it.
    Back then I had a waves Version, where my fl studio for the First time ever showed me the waves bundle extracted from the waveshell without shell2vst.
    When I updated, it Went back to normal, so I had to use shell2vst to make it do the Same which only works on vst.
    And thats it! Before, it must have triggered the c6 sidechain vst3 and now its the vst x64.
    I opened the vst3 waveshell, chose the c6 sidechain and my input channels were back to normal.

Thank you for your Effort.

Edit: AND i forgot that to take mono aux in instead of mono in! Seems to work now.

And thanks for the Video. With fruity limiter it still works for me but I was trying to figure out how to still use it with my 3rd Party plugins. I prefer the workflow of them to be honest.

But thank you Anyways :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List