FL Studio 12.5

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by foster911, May 20, 2017.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I think it's even safe to wait for FL 13 at this point

2. Regz

Regz Producer

Now that's too much....
    The new picker panel is fucking gorgeous, can't wait to play with it..

3. oluwabukky

oluwabukky Newbie

Can't wait either
    It's love a first sight
    I'm stuck with no regkey but still don't feel like going back

4. Regz

Regz Producer

5. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Changes in RC3 (28/07/2017)

- New option to remove background image from playlist
    - DirectWave: changed file dialogs to support favorites

Bugfixes
    Clicking on piano roll timeline turns on recording precount
    Half height option for touch keyboard doesn't work when no pads are selected
    Infinite loop when rendering a pattern
    Last note in piano roll is not selected by select all
    Latency value can have too decimal places
    Picker panel selection leaves out last item in list
    Plugin picker focus rectangle is not drawn correctly in 64bit
    Projects load slower than they used to
    Quick rendered pattern names are not unique (duplicates are possible)

Delay 3: signal is stopped when clicking on the timeline
    DirectWave: no warning message for Flush and Flush All commands
    DirectWave: loading sample from sample editor doesn't work
    DirectWave: error pasting sample into sample editor
    DirectWave: "Library" popup menu is not organized
    DirectWave: folders with unicode names are not visible in the library grid and popup menu
    FL VSTi: settings are not loaded
    Harmor: no lines visible in envelope images
    Love Philter: freeze previewing patterns in picker panel
    Plugin Manager: all plugins are marked as new on a fast scan
    Plugin Manager: fast scan after verified scan creates duplicate entries
    Wrapper: "Reset plugin when FL Studio resets" option is not saved

6. beams

beams Newbie

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  7. beams

beams Newbie

I usually keep my mouth shut, but sometimes the arrogance of some people amazes me. I'll do this reply by the numbers

1. That's Imagelines business surely? What you think is superficial is very important for someone else. Don't be so arrogant to assume your needs are the same as everyone elses. I just went and had a look at what Imageline have added in the What's New doccument. That is impressive. I remember there was a video Playlist somewhere. Here it is, if reading is not your thing

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkYsB0Ki9lAfWjoXLL4CZHTDsPwQ134ic

although they don't seem to have added the 12.5 video there yet. That's above anyway.

2. Most people that is all they want and that includes a very impressive list of VIP users. If audiorate modulation is what you want then just use a plugin that supports it.

3. If you actually read through their list of superficial changes for FL 12.5, you would have noticed that Directwave now has audiorate modulation.

4. They said PDC was going to be fixed in FL Studio 13.

I have to wonder why you are still using FL, and if you are not, why you are here complaining about it like a spoiled child? Did Gol piss you off or something, you seem to be taking this personally. I am just glad FL exists.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. dashfiss

dashfiss Kapellmeister

This.

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

Non-FL users except Live usually think linearly. I mean they play guitar, drums, etc. and record them, add some FXs. Then track is ready.

In FL and Live, you can not predict what the final result would be. Essentially FL and Live have been designed for electronic makers. Its architecture is different from other DAWs. This is the reason that followers of traditional custom of making old music can not be comfortable with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. beams

beams Newbie

I have another perspective on this. Most traditional musicians think in terms of riffs/patterns/loops. That's patterns of notes, strung together then repeated. That is pattern based music production and that is why FL makes so much sense to me as a classically trained piano player. The whole Strophic form thing (AAB, ABA, ABAAB etc) is all about patterns (Verse, Chorus etc).

The linear part comes from the limitations of recording to multi-track tape, to which people have become conditioned. FL to me represents the future, not the past. Once a guitarist learns that he only needs to play A and B once, then slice it up and drop it on a Playlist, he has made a big leap in productivity. And that is more like how jamming is.

But there are plenty of linear DAWs out there, and so FL is filling a unique niche these days and I think getting more popular because of it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

what i love about FL Studio besides the play list, is the piano roll, no daw offers that kind of midi piano roll, as non-educated music producer, i heavily relay on the piano roll, and the only one that makes sense to me is Fl's, i wont lie, there is few things i hate about FL Studio, but the good outweigh the bad so...

also as you said it is the future so i hope they fix the bad stuff about it.

12. statik

statik Audiosexual

i've tried several other daws througout the years, only to find they stagnated my workflow. FL has been the one that i got along with the most, it's just not for mixing but that's what we have split mixer tracks for

13. pizzafresser

pizzafresser Producer

I agree, the piano-roll is awesome. I hope that one day slide notes in non-FL plugins will be possible.

14. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

i hope:
    customizable interface, and shortcuts ( particularly context menus).
    fl was a pain when i started using it, infuriating at times but now i am really comfortable with it.
    the gui can fool you into thinking this is a linear editor but it's the opposite, it's actually open-ended and with the Performance Mode it has some capability like Ableton. maybe some can't get used to that. there are also some really heavy-hitter plugins, i am just today messing with the patcher which is really powerful for making chains or modular effects.
    oh, and it's rewire.. oh, and you can use fl as vst plugin.... so you can run this in any daw where Rewire isn't an option ( like Bitwig) or it is unweildly.
    i guess at the end of the day it's what you make of it. i don't think it's valid to say that this is poor or toy-like which some do. there is a huge amount in there and license for life?
    no-brainer : )

15. AlmostNormal

AlmostNormal Member

IL Forum.png Hmm, Any thoughts on the last lines?

(Before anything: Dunny is right, If I had money I would definitely buy FL)

16. Riot7

Riot7 Platinum Record

I can't fault them if they have decided to make their products harder to pirate.

If I were them, I would also offer drastically better bundles. Shelling out 289e for the "full experience" with Edison and NewTone is quite steep for many people, including me. I think many people are pirating FL Studio for the extra plugins. Especially if you have gotten used to them using a pirated version, it's just too fucking expensive for a lot of people. I'm not saying their products are too expensive, it's not my business. But for a lot of people they are. That's a fact. And if you get the producer version first, it's even more crazy expensive to add what I tend to consider to be the "basic" plugins.

17. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Just for a short period, before tape was invented, people made recordings in one shot straight to phonograph. Tape and film are non-linear recording mediums. Engineers would actually cut the takes and glue the best ones together for the finished product.

Every DAW with cut/paste abilities is a non-linear editing tool. What can be linear is one's workflow: you can't mix the song before actually picking the sounds to work with. You can't make an arrangement before writing down music parts etc.

There are 2 kinds of producers: the one that understand the pros & cons of a daw and adjust their workflow so they'll get the best out of that daw and the ones that can only work with a single daw. Problem with the latter is dependence on a single dev that may stop product development at any given time.

18. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

Or not. I wouldn't mind it if IL spent some time on meat & potatoes like beatmapping, instead of vectoring out UIs in plugs that haven't been updated/used in the past 10 yrs. (Do people still use DirectWave?)
    Like all for-profit corporations, IL wants to limit its user base as much as possible. Hence this lack of meaningful updates :)
    Did you say release samples and scripting? No? See [1].
    The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together etc., etc. Then we'll talk.
    Prolly waiting for dat sweet sweet sample-perfect Directwave automation you mentioned. Myself, I'm craving another fruity mobile product :\

19. beams

beams Newbie

LOL says the guy using a Mac and Logic. Get your own house in order dude. :)

Apple is likely to just kill off everything you own and use because they can - their modus operandi.

20. genophyte

genophyte Producer

i still really miss pattern blocks

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List