FL Panning

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by ExOH, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ExOH

ExOH Newbie

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this in or not, so I'm very sorry. I've been having trouble in FL Studio, working with Pan-O-Matic. I'm trying to get it to only apply the pan-o-matic filter to only one channel/track (one synth), but it seems when I apply it, it affect all instruments, not just a specific one. Is there any way to get around this?

Thanks for any help!

3. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

I dont mean to be rude but you seem pretty new to FL?

Anyway you need to assign each sound to a channel on the mixer e.g. synth to channel #4.When you click on the synth on the step sequencer another box appears. In the top right corner of that box is a dash symbol, left click and scroll it up to add the instrument to a specific mixer channel (4 in this example). Then click on channel 4 on the mixer so its highlighted. Add the Pan-O-Matic to this channel only.

Seems your problem is that youre adding the plugin to the master channel on the mixer.

If you still cant solve it, ill help you out with pictures and more details.

Best of luck!

4. ExOH

ExOH Newbie

Yes, I am very new. I've always loved making music, decided to try out FL. Thanks so much!

5. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

No problem, if you have any more FL questions then don't hesitate to ask. FL is the most accessible for beginners in my opinion.

The picture and link below show how to assign specific instruments to the mixer.
    http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/effects_plugins.htm
    [​IMG]

Check this link out too -> http://www.thefruittree.info/index.php/fruity-loops-7-bible/