FL 11 loading wrong sounds

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Bob Johnson, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Newbie

For some reason when I load songs I've done more than a month old FL takes parts from other kits. It loads the wrong kicks and snares mostly and I have to manually reload then. Can anyone tell me why this happens?

3. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Have you recently moved/renamed the folders your files were kept in?

FL references files and if it cant find the file where they were originally specified, it looks through the folders you've specified in browser extra search option and grabs files with the same name ie "Kick 4".

4. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Every time you save a project (*.flp) save also a zip file because FL Studio stores all the project's samples inside it. *yes*

5. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

one would thinks so, it happened to me in more then 1 occasion that fl filled it with samples from the browser specified folders instead of the samples included in the zip, which can be fixed by unzipping and replacing it by hand like the Topic starter said,

thus making the lost samples still easier to find :wink:

6. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

I had this problem, when I archived all my projects from the last 10 years.
    It happens when you have alot of samples with same names.

You can use a HEX editor to look out for the sample paths inside of the project files.
    (search for the file extensions like .wav, .aif, .mp3, ...)

Then just load the project, export it as zip file, open the zip file with winrar or something else,
    add the original samples you used and overwrite the files in the zipfile with them.

Next time you load the zipped project, fl will automatically load the samples contained in the file
    instead of loading em from your disk/samples folder (in my case it does).

You also can use the HEX editor to change the sample paths if it's more easy for you.

[​IMG]

7. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Have you changed the midi functions at all in FL ? if so that would cause it to load different kit parameters, sounds etc...