Fix for Eventide SplitEQ w/ Yabridge

Discussion in 'Linux' started by towerdefense, Jul 12, 2023.

1. towerdefense

towerdefense Guest

(This is with the assumption your installation is already activated or doesn't need activation, I have not tested activation on Linux :wink:)
    Don't know what Yabridge is? Read here: https://github.com/robbert-vdh/yabridge

Normally, SplitEQ appears but for whatever reason you can't close the the "welcome" popup. With Physion, you can. Going into Physion's config file I see that it sets a value for it after closing the popup for the first time. Applying that value to SplitEQ's config closes the popup for you and allows you to run it normally without issues!

Howto:
    1. Locate the config file "SplitEQ.properties" within drive_c/users/username/AppData/Roaming/Eventide
    2. Change the value of "onb=" to "HideAtStartup|0" (it should look like this: onbd="HideAtStartup|0"/>)
    3. Enjoy!
    Hope this helps the probably 2 other Linux users interested in this plugin :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2023
  3. paul_audioz

paul_audioz Ultrasonic

Yep, I am one of them. If we can find a fourth, we can play cards :winker:

I use MX21 with Wine and Yabridge. Works pretty good. I did not install SpitEQ, because it is part of a big suite and I try to install only plugins I need to work with. There is so much to choose, you can easily get lost in all those plugins.

So, did you install the whole Eventide bundle? The installer is 1 Gb.......