Five songs in five days. Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Lenny Belardo II, May 28, 2021.

?

Choose one

1. A Million Words

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Color Me Crimson

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Wildest Dream

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Snakes And Ladders

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Are You Too Dumb?

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Cut yourself some slack pal.
    @Lenny Belardo II - You lost your entire studio with pro studio monitoring, and even with the best headphones on the planet, you cannot expect an iPad to reproduce anything at a true audiophile level. What you are doing on an iPad is better than you believe.
    If you intend to release them as a saleable CD and not just daily demos, I am sure you will go to a mixing and mastering studio if the insurance does not come to the party :)

P.S Snakes and ladders is really good - nice catch phrase. Don't beat yourself up about the over-presence of some of the midrange - As I said cut yourself some slack, you're using an iPad...it's not like they come packaged with a $20,000 professional monitoring system. :)

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  2. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

If they can prove that some skygod exists they can keep their money, else they should pony up. Nobody's been able to yet, so let the money flow to Belardo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

If you have never seen "The Man who sued God" with Billy Connolly, it's worth a watch. It makes the point that if the church is the representative of God and the insurance companies won't pay on an act of God, then it's fine to sue the church because after all, they're his representatives. It also asks the question clearly of when did God or the church give insurance companies the ability to determine what God did or did not do. :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I'll try to catch that flick, though, if Lenny as Pope can't work out that scenario as the in the flesh representative of The Whimsical Warlock, then all hope is lost.

5. Well here I am at the kitchen table and this is the fifth song in five days. I think I might stop. In fact I will call it quits with this one. I fear I'm repeating myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2021
  6. KillerLoop

KillerLoop Ultrasonic

and, can I ask who is/are the vocalist/s???

7. All from sample packs on the sister site. Cut, pasted, trimmed, transposed, pitch shifted, harmonised and time stretched.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. clone

clone Audiosexual

It sounds great. the vocal run at 136 or so is nice. you already have enough material there where you could probably do 5 different remixes of it in the 5 days. :like:

9. KillerLoop

KillerLoop Ultrasonic

Nice work, mate.

10. All the tracks here are driven by the bass lines. The beats are interchangeable. The melodic backing was arbitrarily decided. Cutting up vocals took the most time. But all done between breakfast and lunch. Not that I eat either. But midday is a good time for a drink.

11. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Friendly reminder: we are our owne WORST/toughest critic and judge aaaaand executioner.

how "good" or "great" does a song HAVE to be, to be called Good/great at all?

if the goal is that high. all the time- how high is thier before we hit the celing/sky? :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

They are all great. But possibly spend a day on your vocal chain, some of the sibilance was extreme.

13. Blame that on my cans. I have no access to my monitors at present and am mixing on the kitchen table. But glad you liked the vibe.
    Going back over the comments I was aware that there was a problem. I should have stayed away from Maag air band. 6 dB of boost at 20k to make it sound present in my headphones.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2021
  14. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

At a track a day similar style vibe to those you'd easily be able to make one of those chill vibe youtube channels.

15. You have the makings of a manager Jim. For a 20% cut of the profits get in there and hustle for me!

16. droplet

droplet Rock Star

very nice love the sax

17. Thanks! I hope my songs are in the one percent of music that isn't a pile of stinking garbage. :rofl:

18. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Mission accomplished Lenny - five really nice tracks
    I had certainly noted that.

Re: vocals...
    To do that so well! I'm sure that took a lot more craft and skill and patience than is generally appreciated - very nicely done.

But one huge problem remains... :winker:
    All tracks are out of sync with @reliefsan's avatar! Song "Are you too dumb" is tantalisingly close.
    Who should we blame? the musicians? or the dancer that forgot his meds?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  19. droplet

droplet Rock Star

thanks to all that auto tune your trax are really popular!!