First track on Focal CMS 65's

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Spinks D, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Spinks D

Spinks D Member

Hi People

Wouldn't usually ask. But getting to know these monitors and struggled a little bit getting the track to transfer well into my Van at work. Wondered how it sounds your end if you get time? The track sounds okay in studio over monitors and SennheiserHD600's

It's Deep house-ish and has 64 bars for DJ to use before it gets going. A couple of bits defo need ironing out

3. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

EQ and frequencies and balance sounds fine to me. Focals are nice. This kind of stuff bores me to tears.....It's not really a music composition and I spend no time in clubs. And if I did, this wouldn't make me want to dance or "get fired up". So mix is fine, demo material is weak. That stuff right after 4 minutes is just annoying. Stopped there. I like audio, hate most machine driven "club dance" style stuff. I've seen Will I. Am do this sort of thing well. This isn't it. If I discourage you enough, you won't be needing those Focals. I'll take 'em....:rofl:

4. Spinks D

Spinks D Member

Haha no chance of the focals leaving mine at all. Good the balance is there. That was the main point I was concerned about.

The fact you've compared it to Will I am means this track gets binned on that alone! Haha

Thanks for response

5. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

The hi-hat type perc sound a bit too harsh on my laptop speakers

6. Spinks D

Spinks D Member

It's gonna have to go In the bin this one. Although it does finally sound decent enough in van now mix wise. Bass was the concern I had. Thanks for replying