First Track made Public Since Last 5 years

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by gompo, Feb 23, 2018.

1. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

Thanks Seedz, for sure i will try to dress it up.

2. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Let us hear how ya get on moosh

3. Cackwizard

Cackwizard Ultrasonic

Hi, I really like it the way it is, the only thing I would add are some vocal aspects and shorten it. Don't add a bunch of stupid shit to it like drops and noise. It's really good.

4. stoiximan

stoiximan Platinum Record

Techno is not my thing either.So why did you choose to upload this song instead of what you really like?Give us the true you

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

thanks Cackwizard, will surely take your advice too.

6. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

Really don't know, or maybe because I like the song.

7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I don't listen to almost any trance/techno (I also don't bother to learn the subgenres so idk what exactly to call it)... which means I can't really give you any meaningful advice. Clearly everyone thinks there should be a melody, and I can't disagree with that. Just listening to it I hear a 1/16 sequenced lead that just repeats the same pitch for maybe one and a half bars then ends a two bar pattern with a bit of a flourish. Just the sort of thing I'm accustomed to expecting from (disclaimer) a genre I barely listen to.

Aside from that, I like the vibe of the track. Whoever said the traveling through space vibe is right. That sort of airy atmospheric sound really does give it a cool spacey feel. Also that odd percussion at the end of a two bar pattern is pretty sweet. There's good stuff in there.

8. Infidel

Infidel Producer

One note a song does not make. Even rap and DnB has more melody than this song.

9. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

Sometimes by adding something more, a whole chain of changes occurs and a certain feeling gets lost in the concept. And such an "airy" impression might be a good breather between more demanding tracks in a set. Also convenient for the DJ to mix in and out of at any time :shalom:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

Thanks bro for such a cool feedback.

11. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

I agree, but will suggest you to listen this song/loop on cans.

12. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

thanks other brother. :)

13. Infidel

Infidel Producer

I did listen on headphones but i couldn't listen more than a minute. It is one note bass tone with some ear candy and a repetitive beat that is lacking in enticement to keep listening. The song has no melody which is what defines a song. It is half a song as it was presented.

14. BooBam

BooBam Ultrasonic

To be honest man...most all tech type stuff is not my thing.
    I find it unoriginal, repetitive and outright boring.
    Computers and technology give us the ability to do things that were unimaginable when I was young.
    Like sending a frickin car to fly around the sun...But just because we can doesn't mean we should.
    After Photoshop came out you could stand on any corner throw a rock over your shoulder and hit a imaging expert.
    Because they could remove the red eye from little Jennies birthday picture.
    Now that rock will hit a "electronic musician"...simply because they can stick some sound samples together, loop them, add reverb and call it music. But it's really sad when you listen to what the Everly brothers did with two acoustic guitars and their voices back in the 50's.

Get back to music bro, and lets hear what you can really do.
    Cheers!

15. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

Soon you will have something more musical to hear. :)

16. Sean Clark

Sean Clark Newbie

Dont listen to the asshat that suggested you work 5 more years... this is a great START to a track. I agree with some of the others that the arrangement is too flat/stale/repetitive. You can literally hear the loops you dragged and drop uhhhhh, looping. Definitely smooth those rough edges out with a little reverb or cutting or filtering or something. Your low end is super muddy, make sure your kick and bass line are not interfering with eachother. Simple eq'ing will sort that. With techno its more about sporadic elements that create one thought. Try adding some percussive hits or sweeps or stabs throughout the arrangement periodically. IMO this is half a techno production. what you have posted here is a great intro, and initial build up. Theres another half of a song to be written. Keep at it m8.

17. PAskaperse

PAskaperse Member

I must say don't listen people bashing the track, it just needs a break or two and some transitions.

18. DJ Rodrigo

DJ Rodrigo Newbie

If i May, add some atmospher, and more body to it... otherwise sounds cool

19. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Exactly!
    And nowadays, the word 'Producer' and 'producing' mean something different! haha.
    i.e. there are lots of people 'using aspects of music' to create pieces that come across songs, is the way I see it.
    I've been sequencing and recording since the Steinberg days on an Atari, recorded other artists, and even had some charted stuff in the album charts on compilations.
    But I'd never call myself a producer.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  20. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Nic one! @gompo
    The general vibe is nice, nice little journey. Nice filtering in the middle, very evocative of the type of genre.
    May I just ask, how much is actually played in as MIDI? Or is it all audio loops?
    I ask because it does sound a bit loopy.
    If this was back in the day, and was all played/programmed in, I would be very impressed.
    Definitely finish it, perhaps rather than 'releasing' more stuff?
    Sounding cool.