First Symphonic Black Metal Song!

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by MrLyannMusic, Oct 25, 2018.

1. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

Composition wise that's great. :headbang::metal::grooves: And it was not black! :bleh: Which I like more!

Regarding mixing, I do not like the guitar sound. It sounds too forward and compressed. I would add some reverb, and make it less forward by a high shelf band. Which amp did you use?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

The music is great... But the guitar is taking up too much space... Its obscuring everything else... Id definitely like the drums a lot more forward in the mix...

But great song!

5. Riot7

Riot7 Platinum Record

I think the guitars sound like crap. Would personally use a completely different sound.

Drums sound like a plugin. Not that they are too tightly played (they are) but they are kinda perfectly produced while the rest of the track isn't. They don't sound like they belong in this song. Would personally use different, less snappy, more ballsy kit.

Structure wise I would add some half-time-feel-parts.

Overall needs more room, more grit.

Of course this is just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Ahhh, Metal again, that's a good thing and Symphonic Metal is even better. :yes:

The gits could be lower and I'd prefer a different sound for them. I like the "over" produced drum sound. You did a great job with the choir, but the changes in the brass section, especially in pan, don't make sense to me in the way this is used in classical music. Sadly this song is over compressed. If I turn up the volume it starts to sound unpleasant. And it's a bit boomy.

But all in all great work, I assume it took an hour or two? :winker:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

First of all, Thank you all for the comments, i just wanted to mention the fact that i composed, mixed and mastered this, using my pair of AKG K271 MKII, with Sonarworks calibration, as i mentioned in the link's description, i didn't have access to my Pair of HS8 for the time being...
    Hi There @metaller Thank you for your comment mate, real appreciated...
    about the guitars you're right, they were overcompressed and way in your face, already working on the mix, your advise is noted.
    again Thank you! AMP is TH3

@Kinghtsurfer already working on that, pushed the guitars a little back into the mix, while bringing the drums forward...
    Thank you!

- i agree that the Guitars sound bad in the mix, and that's my fault, i'll be fixing it, but that's my personal choice, i wanted that old dry/harsh/a bit noisy old school metal tone...
    - nothing wrong with perfect drums :bleh: i do agree that they sound a bit digital tho, and that's already fixed.
    - "half-time-feel-parts" please explain...

you mentioned "Would personally use a completely" two times which indicated, that this either not your style, or not your genra, i appreciate your comment, but the only thing see as a real feedback, is the "less snappy more ballsy kit" about the drums...

if you're interested i'll be posting an updated version of the mix.

Hi @No Avenger Thank you for your comment, as i replayed to Kinghtsurfer the guitars will be pushed a little bit in the the mix, giving more room for the rest of the elements, i do agree about the panning problem with the Trumpets, as they should be in "left" not "right" but it did not make sense with what i was after, the Strings/Trumpet question, answer style did not work well with them both on the "left" side of the mix, made more sense to be one "left" and one "right"...

i'll be taking care of the "overcompressed" and "boomy" problems soon :bleh:...

well it took me a whole night actually, more like a half a day? can't really remember :bleh:

anyway Thank you very mush for the comment:mates:

8. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

great track really like it , I love the beginning like dialog guitar with symphony
    well done !