First Reference Monitor And Audio Interface Choice

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by TheMoss, Oct 12, 2020.

1. TheMoss

TheMoss Kapellmeister

I've never bought something from sweetwater. Sweetwater card is op thing to have (payment options are huge). But I am not an US citizen nor EU (Europe but not an union country). Does sweetwater sends pieces internationally? Or am i eligible to sweetwater card? (i will check it from the site but some info would be good if you know that ofc)

i will check it asap, thanks!

Honestly, so much positive comments on internet but the problem is there is almost no negative comments on the internet about anything :/

I really liked tannoy gold 8" but it's huge amount of difference between my budget and pair of these beauties. Dollars and currency in my country is not stable for almost 4 years (unfortunately). Product prices are same but TRY losing currency every single month. I decided 2 kind of alternative scenarios, I'll wait and pray for stability for 3-4 months or gonna get iloud micro and gonna save next step 8" babies in 1 year or less. I need at least 1 pair for keep semi-professional work for extras with my current job or i will stuck with my samson sr850's forever. :rofl:

2. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

You could get away nicely with Tannoy Reveals 802 as they have a bass port in front so you won't have to put them as far away from the corners, and your room could be great if you treat it a little and put the speakers like Gold 8 or Yamaha HS8 around a metre from the corners of the 2.5m wall. Put bass traps in those corners and the absorbers at speaker reflection spots on the sides of the room, and some diffusers at the back of the room. You pretty much can't go wrong with either of these three speakers, but maybe also consider Dynaudio LYD 8 in that price range, but they need to go 1m away from the corners, as Yamaha's and Tannoy Gold's.

Regarding the audio interface, I couldn't recommend Audient iD22 more, or if you can fork out for iD44, but iD22 is more than enough for your needs. Audient interface will give you a great ASIO driver comparable to RME. I consider their interfaces "poor man's RME". :wink: Really quality interfaces, and the price of iD22 can get rather low if you happen to find one at discount, and priced pretty close to Focusrite Scarlett ones.

Regarding Behringer, they actually have very good interfaces now, with good preamps and low latency reliable drivers [and the driver is actually the most important, which many people never consider]. I would have a hard time picking between a Focusrite or Behringer if there was no Audient interfaces around. I'd probably pick Behringer one. :wink:

Cheers!

3. TheMoss

TheMoss Kapellmeister

i just checked iD22. It's great, i think i will afford them after couple more months. My current priority list is get a decent monitors then proper room correction and finally buy a decent interface. iD22 or apollo solo sounds ok to me.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. TheMoss

TheMoss Kapellmeister

5. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

hmm maybe then check "Fluid Audio FX50" - I have no experience with them, but people say they aren't bad,
    similarly Tannoy Gold 5 could be in reasonable price range I believe
    (that said, Eris E5 I mentioned earlier, still are probably best bang for the buck)

6. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Hang around gearslutz for a while and you will wonder where all the positive comments have gone from the internet

7. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

He only measures the products he receive.

8. TheMoss

TheMoss Kapellmeister

thanks, I will check it right away

Interesting! I will check that forum asap!

I upgraded bugdet around 5" monitors now. Currently iLoud and eris e5 on the list. I have a bit more time, i will check more options and probably gonna change my mind.