First professional track of a friend

Discussion in 'Music Releases' started by Alpha0ne, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Hi everybody,

i proudly present the first professional track of a very good friend. its produced and recorded in Istanbul with very low budget. I would like to hear any positive and/or negative comments.

It's turkish, and like 99% of our songs, it deals about love and pain. The title can be translated as: I Whished you wouldn't leave, we still haven't drunken wine together. (Sorry for my english :) )

Enjoy!

3. Pinar has an amazing voice and I was totally blown away by her performance, really, really impressive. Her voice seemed to me mixed really pushing the highs so that was seemingly a bit hissy and harsh. The drummer was totally locked into the bass, nice. The strings felt a litle wide and I would bring them in a bit more when the voice is silent a bring them back out wider when she is back. A fine melody and creative harmony off the lead melody. I like the song and I think that others will also.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. tooloud

tooloud Guest

A Eurovision entry or a Laura Branigan B-side? Hard to critique something like this. I always think it's how another country thinks Western music sounds. It has little to do with traditional music.

5. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@superliquidsunshine Thnx for your tips. The harshness in the sound I also recognised. I will tell them to correct it.

6. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@tooloud Thnx for you comment. This is typical for our music. Its inevitable that its allways influenced with our motives. No matter which genre :)
    Nice catch ;)

7. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Fairly generic material that has been well executed..................the chorus is very 60's, I can't put my finger on it but it sounds very familiar, and yet its of a higher quality and more polished.

Can't really add any more than SLS re the mix, but I agree with his take.

8. modelarmy

modelarmy Ultrasonic

Not my style, but very very good. The voice is amazing. Thankx.

9. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

very nicely mixed, personally i would push the vocal and the lead guitar a bit more , would add a bit more compression to the vocal, deess !!, and make it a bit warmer with use of tapedesk. otherwise, perfect mix, well done !

10. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

I like it. Amazing voice.

It would be interesting (for me) to hear an alternative take where she is placed ten or maybe fifteen degrees off axis; by that I meant with her not directly in front of the mic capsule's gold spot. In the version posted here, the voice is very "up front" and as sharp as a surgeon's scalpel. It is too direct and cold in the listener's ear in comparison with the vocal harmonies. It's clinically perfect but, at the same time, unnatural and over-produced. The fricatives in her voice during the verse are hard on the ear. It's not so bad when she moves her head away from the spit filter for the chorus parts in order to avoid clipping.

That's the strong hint that I get from the comment by @tooloud, (sounds like a Eurovision mix) and if that's the true meaning of the commment, I would tend to agree.

Other than this, though, it's hugely encouraging to hear what can be done on a small budget. Bravo!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Sounds really good to me for low budget as you said \m/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Reminds me of Annie Aslam. Nice reminder.

13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Its a good mix.
    Something about the vocals that make it a bit too harsh, maybe its the mastering.

14. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Thnx for all your comments. They mean a lot for us. Since this is the first professional track that she has produced ever.
    Can anyone tell any advice how to promote and get it heard from more people? She is new in the new business. New because nowadays everything is going digital and we need some help to get it spread out. But we dont know much about the distribution channels. We dont have much budget and also no sponsor. Any idea is aprecciated.

Cheers

15. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

I think that you should keep on writing new songs and arrange + record them in a demo level, just voice, guitar and bass, vocal harmonies and percussion, maybe some keyboards. Low budget work...And when you have six or seven, better ten or more good pieces like this one, then there will be time to think about labels and producers. It´s my humble opinion. Keep on with your good work and good luck.

16. electriclash

electriclash Guest

:like::like: I tend to agree that approaching a label with a project like this would be best served with basically an eps worth of material. Not only does this give them a glimpse of range but also insures that your producer friend is the real deal and not personnel they should immediately replace

17. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@rudolph, @electriclash Thank you for your comments. Any suggestion is appreciated and will be taken into account.