first attempt at cinematic style music

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by rimshooter123, Jul 22, 2012.

1. rimshooter123

rimshooter123 Noisemaker

3. AESimard

AESimard Newbie

Love it! Keep it up!!!

4. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

It's good but kinda repetitive and I did expect some more organic elements.

5. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Very talented, atmospheric, and intense... (I like the intensity of your music a lot ).
    Also this one is so different from your previous posts :wink:
    Maybe, the last few mins are a bit dispersed (like lossing a bit the main idea...but I suppouse it's because the lenght of the track...is massive)
    All in all, this one of my favs!

6. beluga_man

beluga_man Ultrasonic

Nicely done however I would not describe your track as cinematic, then I guess it depends what your definition is of what makes a track "cinematic". I feel it a bit too electronic and lacks orchestral sound to have that film sound. Furthermore I would recommend that you write to picture if you really want to do cinematic style then your musical decision are based on the picture and the editing which is what a film composer deals with and not purely in terms of music. That's why film music is not square, changes tempo, meter and often unpredictable because it's tailored to picture.
    Take a scene from a movie and redo the music for it then the result will likely be more cinematic. Have fun!

7. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

I like it

Reminds me of a modern day tangerine dream or something?

8. rimshooter123

rimshooter123 Noisemaker

thank you so much for your constructive feedback! :mates:

after some days off I really must say that I have to do some changes.

ok, this one never was intented to be a Howard Shore-like bombastic kind of soundtrack thing etc. I'm not able to do that. I'm no real composer, just a friend of (good) music trying to explore the world of sounds ...
    "cinematic" was just one of my first associations when I started with the guitar/piano part.
    I just wanted to create a kind of blend between orchestral/percussive/acoustic and electronic elements.. ambient.. experimental.
    but all that hihat-ish and high percussive stuff is too continuous. it needs much more variation. and the track needs to be shorter... 5 minutes should be ok...

thanks again guys... much appreciated! :wink: