firefox tags audioz's software section as attack site

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by grizz, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

What Catalyst ?
    Malwares on Google ads ?
    So i cannot click on those big boobs safely anymore ?
    Cruel world...
    :wink: :rofl:

2. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I don't have this issue here but I have blocked scripts, ads and stuff like this. So I figured it's not audioz but some 3rd party content. It could be oneclickads, malware has been reported to be distributed through oclasrv.com...

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Just don't use chrome, this is one of the most aggressive spy nowadays.
    For Pc use Palemoon as web browser, and for search use DuckDuckGo, it can be integrated to Palemoon Browser.
    links:
    Palemoon

DuckDuckGo

4. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Pale Moon runs the mozilla engine, so I'll just stick with that.

5. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

I like the community concept of DuckDuckGo, but the HQ is located in the U.S. :dunno:

Startpage.com/Ixquick.com has better options, you can make your custom URL for instance. Founded in NY in `98 belongs to a dutch holding.

Palemoon has longer loading times in my experience.

I think it`s a temporary issue, probably some add(s) and will disappear soon (is already for me).
    However, scamming/spamming & mass surveillance won`t become less ... perhaps it`s good to be familiar(seriously) with the Tor Network ...

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Well said sideshowbob. Useful info and a middle finger to the establishment. :headbang:

7. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

And if you use Adblocker, you shouldn't have any issues with ads on sites, yet this warning still comes up for me. I'm waiting for Cat to fully check this out.

Something interesting now: If I click my Audioz browser bookmark, I get the warning, but if I google audioz and click the first hit, I can go to Audioz without any warning! So, we have to replace the bookmark because the icon has now changed to the warning one, and it will continue to come up until we change the bookmark.

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

SAiNT put up a notice on AudioZ, it's all clear. *yes*

9. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

I think Startpage is quite shady... It's (was?) known to be added along with some adware, so I stay away from it. And Google is first because it (usually) has the best/most results. Let's say it's kind of a necessary evil.

Oh, and lately, I have got pop-ups on AZ with the "Install to view video, Install Flash, Need to install xxx plugin to view..." type of crap. FF usually auto-closes them, but one or two managed to open. Plus, I think AZ does not use Google ads...

(And there were the issues with ads at re-launch a few months back)

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's always the same story with ads, whatever platform it is. It happens all the time with Google ads as well.

11. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Yes Startpage is interesting.

12. Dow Jones

Dow Jones Newbie

Yea I didn't receive anything till I updated to mavericks I don't know if that had anything to do with it

13. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

I suppose guys you're using a good Antivirus system in your Internet Enabled Machine, isn't it? *yes*

If that's the case, you shouldn't worry about disabling that checkbox in chrome, because every malware detected by the browser will be detected by your AV first.

Also:

Chrome trails IE in its ability to protect users landing on malicious websites through phishing attacks. The experimental feature in Chrome Canary Version 36.0.1975.0 would try to narrow the gap by displaying the root domain of a website to theoretically make it easier for a person to distinguish between a legitimate and bogus site.

If the domain is supposed to be "amazon.com," but what's shown is "amazon_scam.com," then the Chrome user would know they've landed on a fake site.

"I believe it is far too soon to assess success or failure," Randy Abrams, research director for NSS Labs, said. "That said, allowing users to see the true top level domain (TLD) name will be of limited effectiveness.

"Many users do not know what a TLD is or even have the knowledge to distinguish a good one from a bad one."

http://www.csoonline.com/article/2153281/browser-security/anti-phishing-in-google-chrome-a-shaky-work-in-progress.html

:wink:

14. turbo

turbo Ultrasonic

I got same problem in Chrome, i tried in Safari, it open but if you click on second page you have a spam page :sad:

15. bluejayway

bluejayway Newbie

If you use the TOR browser (it's FREE) there's no problem, you can reach AudioZ with no bells and whistles ;-)