Finder asking for admin password when i manually install VST/Plug-in

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by leyva, Mar 14, 2014.

1. leyva

leyva Newbie

Hi
    So i've been installing some new VST/Plug-ins manually these last couple of days and it requires that i copy files into the Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder.
    The thing is everytime i do this the finder requires my password.. At first i didin't think it was a problem but after installing several plug-ins it gets very annoying.. I've also noticed that the finder requires a password when i copy/change/remove a file in the Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST folder.

I've tried repairing the disk permission. I've i also tried entering Info on my Macintosh HD and changing my account permission. But nothing helped...
    If anyone else has had the same problem or knows the problem, i'd really appreciate the help! :bow:

3. leyva

leyva Newbie

I see, It was that simple :rofl: thank you so much for the help! :mates:

4. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

You can call yourself lucky if that works for you.
    I've had serious permissions issues on my MAC and still the LOCK icon trick isn't working here. :snuffy: The best thing you can do in such cases is to create another account on your mac with administrator rights! Apple has made some things really cumbersome in order to maintain security, but on the other hand you cannot always move or install files as you want. "Disk Utilities" neither is recommendable to solve difficult permissions issues. Ohana Permissions Reset or Batchmod are much better tools but have to be used with caution.

Code:
    http://www.ohanaware.com/permissionsreset/ 

5. smartlad

smartlad Member

Just got my first mac, only had it a few days so thanks for the tip, it was becoming a pain to keep typing in my pw :wink:

6. smartlad

smartlad Member

I will do thank you!

I think I'm getting there now got most things set up the way I want them slowly but surely :wink: