Find which library was used in a missing kontakt project?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Kuuhaku, Sep 21, 2023.

1. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

So I have a few projects that I did 3 years ago and I don't remember which library I used in the instruments, I already have kontakt installed, but it's a new version so it doesnt get loaded when I open the project, it only says that the plugin "kontakt" is missing and since it doesnt even open kontakt I cant know which library was used, is there any way to solve this?

I'm using FL Studio

3. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Install Kontakt 5/6/7 in parallel. Check again once your project loads properly. The entire Kontakt patch gets saved with your project - you should be able to figure it out from there.

4. RachProko

RachProko Producer

This may sound like nagging, but I've learned the hard way myself! if you feel you have a piece of music worth revisiting afterwards then always write down in the track or either on some sort of notepad what plugin, preset, settings you've used. Or even better, save track presets if possible.

Kontakt 7 switched to VST3. So also the location of where the plugin is stored has changed as opposed to Kontakt 5 and 6.

In your case you can try to just install the older version of Kontakt (5, or 6) and scan the directories where your libraries reside. Old versions of Kontakt can always coexist along side newer versions'.

After this it should load your libraries in the project without any issues?

5. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Install older Kontakt, the libraries will begin to load. If you don't have them anymore you'll see a window saying something like "oh we didn't find the samples bro noooooo" and there you should be able to see what the library was based on the name of the files or the folder it was searching on.