Finally Going Legit With U-he.. & Logic Pro btw

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by dim_triad, Sep 29, 2014.

1. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

So... I need to uninstall all of my "borrowed" U-he stuff then?

What do I do?.. just delete the Plugs/Presets, etc? and hidden User/Library stuff?

same with Logic as well?..

(its funny, the App Store new I "already had" Logic... so that was weird..)

but I have to "play around" with my dumass apple id before I can make a purchase... I forgot/never wrote down my security question answers... what an F'n pita... no way to buy that shit without the crApp Store

3. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hey, dim_triad,

the best choice (meaning, u-he) one can make in her, his, life, me thinks (knows?), congratulations for the choice decision... *yes*

in the case of the u-he stuff, there is no need to uninstall anything, just locate or find the text files (called *user*) in each program's support folder, then empty them (edit out every character) or just delete them, this way all programs will be responsible again to legitimate registration data input... *yes*
    this method is good if, when, you want to keep the organisation of your presets, your favourites, your junk files, etc. intakt... *yes*

in the case of logic, one can make a backup of everything then after the fresh install copy back the needed files into their proper place (works, at least for, me)... *yes*

all the best, keep heckmann-ing, logically, of course... :bow:

4. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Regarding U- He, legit plugs can live with cracked plugs, the first work, the second bomb *yes*
    Just remove the .plists in /preferences and appsupport/u-he with eventual old DOA serials inside. They're not encoded, plain text so you easily find them.

Regarding Logic, Apple doesn't give a sh!t bout piracy, just delete the old app and replace it.
    (CORE release for Logic is just a retail, its the very same binary you get with legit, no CP apart for Crap Store receipt with user info.
    If you already have everythi set up, dont bother replacing the app, continue using your CORE release until a new update is out,
    then update via CrapStore. :wink:

Congrats on your new toys :mates:

5. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

these topics make me feel good, I'm happy to be a part of this community :wink:

6. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

right?..

yeah.. I'd like devs to see this as well, so that they know we are not all here just to steal stuff... ya' know?..

I literally think most of the "demos" are not nearly enough to make a proper decision on spending 100's of dollars/euros/pounds on software... its just that simple.

I still am going to buy Ableton eventually as well... but I need to wait for a sale on the Student Suite version... if there is a sale on student versions though... either way, I'll still purchase that eventually. *yes*

thanks for the help guys!! :mates:

P.S. does anybody want to trade me a bag of Doritos for my peanut-butter-and-jelly?..

(the P-B-&-J is strawberry preserves on white bread... no crust either) :rofl:

7. ShadowOfTheZ

ShadowOfTheZ Ultrasonic

For Logic I suggest you create a specific neutral Apple ID.
    If you reside in Europe, the Apple license is illegal because Apple says you can't transfer a purchase to another Apple ID (say if you want to sell back your software).
    If you wan't to find a workaround, simply use a specific Apple ID, buy this software only with it, and if you stop making music or want to use Ableton instead, you'd be able to sell back Logic and provide the apple ID credentials to your buyer.