FINALLY found a vocalist. New original.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by musicman61554, Oct 31, 2016.

1. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Sounds gOOd dude! Almost there now. Great job cleaning it up. You're the man! Fuk dude. Wish I lived close to you, we would def start a band. My weapon of choice these days
    12669616_10206706299790112_6569936547672134674_n.jpg
    I upgraded her with sealed grover tuners and active electronics. I work on my own stuff, truss rod, intonation..... My baby Jennifer(Jenny) rescued from a local pawn shop.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  2. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Thanks for the props bro! i been workin on 2 other albums jus got time to run this one ;) Nice set of strings right there bro ! bet thats some solid tone huh? i still pop in some pawnshops lookin for hidden gems wen i get a chance \m/ im like you i work on my stuff too ive got a few old beater $200 6 stringers i did a refret an dress , added some new tuners, nut, bridge,an pups >>> even if i buy a low end guitar new i do a fret dress an new pups first thing \m/ Makes all the Dif in a playable instrument \m/ Love to Jam with you bro ya never know one day we may >>> Saw One Off !!! \m/

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  3. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

The mixing compare 3 post above is just amazing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Master Q

Master Q Producer

God Damm Ive Had a busy weekend and weeks to come but heres my mix submission

Original Mix... Using the one @Jaymz used

QMixed VersionĀ® And Im not even limiting yet... atm on -10 RMS shall i squash it to metalica type levels like -4 ?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  5. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

Woah man, that's a great mix. Gj.

I'll upload my next vid soon, sorry about the delay.

6. Master Q

Master Q Producer

Thanks man and I did not even have to sacrifice my soul for the loudness war to acheive it lol. cant wait to hear yours ! @Jaymz did a great job too!

7. kjfarrell

I'm about to do a video on mixing the guitars, I'd be interested how you tackled the gaps that occur in some places. I have some ideas to make them less gappy, but I'd be interested on your take.

Gappy is a technical sound engineers term btw :)

8. Master Q

Master Q Producer

Of course it is lol Ummmm tbh I did not really notice any gap ... I just compressed the shit out of them were talking like 18 db of compression lol yes that sounds ridiculous lol but im a wizard loland.....................a plate!

9. kjfarrell

10. Master Q

Master Q Producer

Lollll too funny

11. I keep hearing the kick as being wayyy behind the tack. The rest if the song too. I would push it up en mass like 4 ms. ...or am I trippin'.

12. Master Q

Master Q Producer

well depends on what you are listening on and personal preference i guess , thanks for the comment

13. It has absolutely nothing to do with what I am listening on, in this instance both KRK V6 monitors as well as Audio Technical ATH-M50X headphones. There is nothing that can divide up mixed music into its constituent separate tracks and then push a drum buss backwards and out of time. Personal taste though might have a tad to do with how I would like the timing to be, though I certainly hear the drums as "overly relaxed" to the point of way too behind the beat and lagging considerably. Oh, your welcome.

14. Master Q

Master Q Producer

@superliquidsunshine ahhhhhhhh i see... well I am no sure about the timing issue I just mixed that track and did not do any timing correction and I did not hear any issues myself ... These drums are thumpin on my speakers, in hindsight thought the track could be a tad darker top end wise with a deeper bell curve on the master , its somethign Id try !

Ps i do awknowledge what you are talking about maybe the drum bus can come up 2 db of so

Thanks again

15. kjfarrell

Sorry for the late post. Here's my latest video.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Master Q

Master Q Producer

great video , is the kick drum in ?

17. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Great mix really! Well the Loudness War is over, if Metallica releases a new album one day, we can be sure it will not hit -4db RMS, I would not squash it more, just applying -0.12dB limiter with some dynamic settings and it's just done to me!

18. Master Q

Master Q Producer

thanks Man !! and yeah I would not squash it more (if it was my choice)

19. musicman61554

musicman61554 Ultrasonic

Thanks again Master Q. Again I appreciate all of the hard work on this song. Looking forward to DJs and Jaymz final mixes.

20. Master Q

Master Q Producer

No Prob... Whats your critique on the mix itself :)