Finally a revolution?

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by DAWinci, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Pronto

Pronto Kapellmeister

you got One thing wrong..this isn't crystal meth.

2. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Soul Runna
    There might be forces that have yet to be explained but that also doesn't mean that a person should buy into whatever snake oil people are selling these days. A lot of these so called "cures" that people sell are actually quite bad for you not to mention almost always done for the express purpose of duping people into parting with their hard-earned cash. Science is the closest approximation of reality and delivers results, that's the difference. Not believing in anything besides science is unhealthy and buying into everything else is just as much. *yes*

3. Soul Runna

Soul Runna Guest

I agree in parts.

I just wanted to say that science nowadays acts as the Catholic Church did in the Middle Ages: it held only the absolute truth. Remember what happened with Galileo or Giordano Bruno? We achieved at point where if the Science doesn't prove a such thing, it says it doesn't exist. That's the point.

Science holds no truth. It offers only an approximation and, as such, has validity and limitation. The mathematics of Descartes works to a certain point. Even as the Newton's mechanics was not useful to Relative Law of Einstein.

I'm not saying not to we believe in science, I'm just saying that one should not totally rely on science. Science is limited, it isn't absolute truth.

About abstract forces, I mean that mankind has a lot of knowledge (which isn't necessarily scientific). If you go to India, Japan, China or some African countries, they have a large knowledge about life/Nature but not necessarily described. It's this knowledge that I'm saying.

People have a very blind faith in science and this isn't good. There are many "false scientific reports" issued by large companies and institutions. And there is much in science that is not disclosed. So, not everything is what it seems.

I just think technology without humanity hasn't much advantage. We need humanity and not technology.

p.s.: Apologies for my english. I'm still learning.

4. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

Science is the best degree in knowledge we have achieved so far IMHO. I can hardly think of anything else more precise and objective. :bow:

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Technology and humanity aren't mutually exclusive. You can use science to create a bomb that will kill people or you can use it to stretch food supplies in order to feed a growing population. It's all about the scientist behind the science so in that sense it is a matter of the human condition just like anything else.

6. mono

mono Audiosexual

best vid ive seen that made me think about where we are going at the moment,
    any-thing is better that this,

Into Eternity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8uh9UNHbzA