Final Advice

Discussion in 'digital labels' started by gompo, Mar 18, 2014.

1. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

Hi,

I have been composing electronic music since a long time (mostly electro house, progressive house).
    Now when i submit a promo or demo to a recording label or a big DJ/artist(75% there is no reply or views on my tracks) but sometimes a big DJ/artist follows me on SoundCloud Twitter, What does this implies??
    I have done a lot of research about recording labels and mostly the bigger ones (spinnin,protocol) are not interested in a new artist , Spinnin's Talent pool is a perfect way of adding likes on Spinnin's FB page.
    Leave all this, my final question What should i do now?
    audioz and audiosex have helped me a lot and thanks for that .. :)

regards

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Everyone with a laptop a pair of Beats headphones and some samples fancies himself a star these-days.. like Xsze said u better better something REALLY special to even get listened to.. signed? Well.... good luck.

Unfortunately, my advice would be to lower your expectations. :thumbsup:

Ive known SO many people in the last 25 years that asked the same question.. and inevitably their music and talent was never more than a hobby and a passion for them.

Realistically... Lotto has better odds.

I really don't want to sound negative but... Reality bites.

Having said that, no reason to stop trying.. it's your life \ time. :mates:

4. transporter1333

transporter1333 Member

I'm completely agreed with Xsze :bow:

First of all, you will need to build a good strategy starting from conquer your city / country first (like Xsze said..) then you must be at the Social Network...
    Lynda.com have tons of tuts of this kind of strategies (like Blogging, Bookmarking Sites, Facebook, Google+, Mailing List, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, etc...) for Artists and Bands.

Those people will promote Artists....

:wink:

5. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

thanks Xsze , but in my city hardly anyone knows what EDM is.
    In my country India , i don't have any knowledge regarding records labels or artists.

6. mile15

mile15 Producer

"Xsze" pa lepo napisano kod vas mi se sviđa EXIT festival. U zadnje vreme baš slušam DARKWOOD DUB grupu iz Srbije koja ima veoma zanimljiv muzički stil. Ovo pišem srbski da me ceo svet razume :mates: :wink:

7. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

Wow, Ivo Andric would envy that sentence!!

8. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

the only real way is live performace in front of the right people, other then that you stand a fat chance like stated theres to many hands in the Cookie Jar already
    and what your opion is on sounding Great, others can think it Sucks, its a Dog eat Dog world out there GOOD LUCK