Filter and cutoff freq resonance

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by nmkeraj, Apr 22, 2019.

1. notsoloud

notsoloud Guest

To follow up with a serious response to your graph showing a bump in resonance in another location, this is easily accomplished in any subtractive synth with two filters. The results are not as startling as you would imagine. I can do it easily with my Matrixbrute and it does not produce an unusual sound by any means.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Actually I was a little disappointed with Princess Sparkles. She was just a lone little Pony. What I really wanted was Unicorns and Rainbows! My childhood was devastated ...UNTIL Princess Spectrum, the one horned wonder horse entered my life. I've been floating through lush clouds of resonated partials since! :rofl:

3. notsoloud

notsoloud Guest

Go no further seekers of knowledge on matters related to cutoff and resonance for we have the sonic secrets laid bare and they were hidden inside a magical unicorn (as if we all didn't see that coming) whose, ummmm, magical horn (metaphorical suggestions anybody?) entered (gently, I hope) the life of Nana Banana and resonated partials rain down upon us like glittering snow drops. Now gimme a hallelujah!!

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

5. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

HALLELUJAH!

[​IMG]

6. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

OK I'm gonna shut up now ...Sorry @nmkeraj Hope ya got a laugh :hahaha:

7. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Thanks guys. I will take it as it is then . I was just thinking “Why not this way?”. The effect of such moveable resonance wouldn’t be so exciting sonicly. Of course we can use EQ for this. But there are reasons why EQ and filters are being still produced. They are for different purposes. So still... why not??? But I will try Volcano and other suggestions I haven’t known before. And reading the article that is strictly technical .
    As for Mr Moog , I think he would be the first if manufactured a synth with !!! FIRST EVER MOVEABLE RESONANCE !!!

8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

And don't forget to key-track your filter cutoffs in your synth(s) - may they be analog, digital, hybrid, VA, soft, whatever. Boost or attenuate those harmonics that you want/don't want, relative to its pitch.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I want to know why some body doesn't create a wide angle telephoto lens, probably for the same basic reason as resonate frequency conundrum modulated as in your question.

10. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

yamaha cs xy small one does it when i remember right...the only one which res go down to low end