files required to add a library in kontakt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by vignmusic, Nov 28, 2020.

1. vignmusic

vignmusic Member

Hi,

Will I be able to add a kontakt library only with the nict, wallpaper and nki files?

I have an nki file which works by itself but i am not able to import a library in kontakt 6 with just nict, nki and wallpaper.

3. mapjay

mapjay Member

you need to use kontakt v560 app (v560 best or v566, or any version 5 really) in the "Add Library.." tab. v560 is included in most newer versions of kontakt v6.x.x on sister site

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

^...that's for macOS only, @mapjay!
    And I literally think the OP is simply wanting to roll their own .nicnt files, but I might be wrong.

5. mapjay

mapjay Member

well, if OP is on mac, than answer is correct. also for mac, there is now a new small app that will generate a nicnt file. it is on siter site. i believe i remember seeing something similar, a few times - for windows, but not sure. i don't normally use win. you can always make your own nicnt file, there are SNPID docs and tutorials avail for both systems in that regard, if you look around a bit

best of luck :)

6. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

7. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Not directly related to your issue but if you want to transform a nicnt-less Kontakt instrument that came with only .nki files into a registered library, you need a nicnt file in the main folder of that library and an Instruments folder next to it where you put the .nki files. The wallpaper.png must stay in the main folder, too, besides of the nicnt file.
    On pc you either use the Portable version of Kontakt or a normal version that will have some kind of method to add libraries, it's always in the descriptions on the release page.
    On mac just follow what @mapjay suggested.
    But remember, if you try to add a library with .nicnt file that contains SNPID code with letters other than a to f, you will need to modify the .xml file in Service Center created by Kontakt for that library, as it zeroes the code by accident in the .xml file, it has to match with the code in .nicnt