File Under Sleaze

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by The Teknomage, Feb 26, 2017.

1. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. foster911

foster911 Guest

Is this Tonal or Atonal?:bleh:
    No one has dared to ask you this question but I do. I've always loved to ask how do you look at the black and white keys on your keyboard? I mean people usually use those keys for making sweet or dark melodies or harmonies but your different approach makes me wonder. :winker:

4. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

You have listened to the track? I ask, because Orfium hasn't registered that the track has been played at all.
    Is it Tonal or Atonal? For that answer you need to define what Tone is to you. Let's just say it's both and neither at the same time. It's not something that sways my music. It is what it is.
    As for the keys on my synth, I look at them as a conduit to the synths engine. Saying that, as I have a dark style when I'm composing my tracks, I do tend to gravitate towards the black ones more than the white, but it really depends if I like the sound, as that's the most important thing, and if it fits with the idea in my head.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Lots of fun, Mage 'O Tekno! I had an orgasm just listening too your non dance stuff. Cali Pink has skills.

Just to throw it out there Foster, but what would happen if all the keys of the keyboard were to be the same color? How would we differentiate our emotions when we composed? Or if the black were white or green and yellow or pink and teal. We would be terribly lost, eh?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Cheers man! All my non dance stuff will be posted under the persona "File Under Sleaze". We Are Dark, which was the 2nd song I wrote at the end of last year is now up. May post it here. The 1st track "Our Sins" will be next, once I've done a retake on the vocals. Got a cold, so can't work on it at the mo. Then there's a couple of covers, I want to do (never thought I'd want to, but there's maybe 2 songs that I could pull off, which fit into my style) One I think you can guess, very classic and as old as me. The other is a Siouxsie and the Banshees song, that I heard for the first time about a week ago (no idea how I'd missed it, but hey) which is synth based, and so similar to the style that I do it's uncanny.

7. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

[​IMG]:yes:

8. Mine was a rhetorical question, but thanks for the beautiful photo...and of course my new favorite...

9. atmos1

atmos1 Ultrasonic

Thumbs up for trying to be different. Good work.

10. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Thanks. I'm not trying to be different though. I'm just being me.