Fender Passport Studio Monitors

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Evorax, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Hello Guys,

I guess it's first time when Fender releases studio monitors, and they started doing it with portability in mind. :thumbsup:

Original Description:

Fender® revolutionizes the recording industry by empowering a new generation of mobile-minded producers and engineers with the world’s first truly portable world-class studio monitoring system — Passport® Studio.

Monitoring consistency is a key factor in producing mixes that translate properly from system to system. With the advent of powerful portable recording workstations and the increasing convenience of fully “in the box” audio production, the need for highly portable and accurate studio monitors is now more important than ever. Enter Passport Studio.

Passport Studio houses a world-renowned Focal® driver set in a portable, protective and meticulously tuned enclosure, complemented by convenient front-panel controls and connectivity. Travel from tracking to mixing sessions down the street or across the country, with complete confidence that your monitors will arrive unharmed.

Fender Passport Studio — “World-class monitoring made portable” — Powered by Focal®.

Some of it's features are:
    Lightweight, portable design, dual-color Power/Clip indicator LED, speakers lock together and can be easily transported using top handle, rear compartment for power cable storage.

I think this collab between Fender and the Focal giants gave birth to a nice set of studio monitors. *yes* By the way, what do you think about it's design? The fact that it can be locked together to be transported as a bag :dancing: sounds nice and handy to me. :wink:

3. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Fender... In reality they have never had anything to do with their own speakers except putting their name on it. And there are alot of monitor systems now that lock together with a mixer and such. Personally I think there are far better and cheaper solutions out there, but I'm also rather anti-fender anything anymore.

4. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Take in consideration the fact that Focal manufactured their speaker drivers(and this company makes some of the best studio monitors out there), so i don't think that Fender's "lacking speakers-making" have anything to do with these new monitors. And honestly i never saw yet studio monitors that locks together and can be carried/transported as a bag. *yes*

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Interesting, thanks for the share. :mates:

6. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Well, I'll agree Focal is pretty great, but the whole interlocking thing has been done for PA monitors and I've seen studio monitors like that also. Just one of those things I think Focal is using fender to get their product out there, since before this weren't most fender monitors made by JBL?

7. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

For me, quality-wise Focal is better than JBL (even if maybe JBL is more famous to the people worldwide). And the "interlocking thing" you talking 'bout PA monitors and you say you've seen even studio monitors who lock themselves together, why don't you give us some examples? I would really appreciate it! :wink: :mates: