Fender Announces Jimmy Page Dragon Tele

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Moogerfooger, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Sure it will be a good seller.

My personal choice is to find older guitars knowing that they have excellent sound quality & materials. Last Tele owned was a 1974 ash body, hard maple neck, cream translucent. Excellent!

Also prefer coustom made from repair techs who are trained Luthiers. You get a guitar that fits your hands & playing style
    built from quality materials at the same or less cost usually. Paul Reed Smith was just a local Luthier in the Annapolis, MD area
    before he became what we know today.

4. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

it looks so cheap like a poorly made $45 China tele copy, it seems to be a Fender ripoff for fools, just buy a used Squire Tele paint it up yourself and you will save a bundle and yours most probably will look a lot nicer.

5. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

I, personally have. never understood the appeal of signature models, regardless of the product being sold. but if that's what people want more power to them.

6. garfinkle

garfinkle Platinum Record

I hear you.

I purchased one of the few Harrison Telecasters that made it to Australia. It played great and sounded fabulous - but I rarely played as I was terrified of scratching it. Kept it for a couple of years and sold it for a pretty good profit. Bout myself an old beaten up Tele for a quarter of the price.

Having said that I purchased the Jeff Beck sig strat with zero regrets - probably the nicest strat Ive ever played.

...now I only have to learn to play like JB...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. EABODOM

EABODOM Guest

yeah me personally I love my shitty old american made tele copy I got new for $99.99 :knock:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2023
  8. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Producer

Yeah, me neither.

Unless they sell me signature fingers and ears, not to mention make me look way cool, then I fail to see the point. Sure, sometimes the nicest guitar you're trying out happens to be a signature model, but that's almost incidental.