Feedback on School of Audio Education S.A.E.

Discussion in 'Education' started by bassboy303, Feb 2, 2014.

1. bassboy303

bassboy303 Member

Just wondering if anyone has any advice about the above course?
    Thinking of studying to get this qualification at S.A.E. but have heard mixed reports about course & prospects after completion.
    If anyone has any past experience or advice about S.A.E. or the course please let me know as really need some good advice asap!

Many thanks if you can help

Martin

glasgow.sae.edu

3. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

First you can watch some Gregor Zemljic videos on youtube (educator)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfigj6HqiOyRpZ8F6NPqFnA

I love this guy. This is masterclasses from Ljubljana, sounds intresting.

4. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I'm not doubting the quality of their courses, but they do seem like a pile them high, sell them cheap kind of organisation.

5. rowan

rowan Member

They may well have changed in the 7 years since I studied at the London one, but my advice would be to stay away. They're very keen on you until you've paid the massive fee. The teaching staff consisted of recent graduates and the supervisors of studios were extremely rude, a complaint that was dealt with by school management with the words "well, you guys will have to deal with a lot of difficult people in studios so it's good practice...". Our lecturer started the very first lesson by listing all of the other places we should have signed up to study at if we were serious about music, which sums it up really.
    It's great for networking purposes though as you meet a lot of like-minded people. Job prospects are minimal as a formal education in this field counts for very little.
    But, like I said, they may have changed :)

6. yasarzu

yasarzu Member

Since September i am in the SAE. but if you ask me for that money what you pay there its not worth at all. Actually it depense on what u wanna do, if you want to use all their devices,microphones and rooms for recording your private tracks, then its ok. but if you want to learn mixing, i recommend you different schools. cause its almost 5 months that i'm there and we are still learning things like how fx plugins works or acoustic and microphones and its specifications bla bla.. trust me you can learn all this things better with youtube or google. i'm am lucky cause i'm with governments forcing there, so i dont have to pay. As i told you it depense on what you wanna learn and do. think twice before you start in sae.

7. Bluto

Bluto Newbie

I have a close friend who is actively working for the music industry who told me (because I had the same idea to go there) that SAE isn't a good place and isn't this recognized (by the industry) as they always state.

8. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

It depends on you also..

I actually do see SAE graduates in the industry. As for 'industry recognition' - You'd have to proof yourself anyway, regardless of your education. And be the right kind of guy (or girl): Eager to learn, not a big ego, be able to fit in ..and be on time.
    I agree pricing at SAE is steep. It helps if you're not starting from zero, so you know what to grasp for.