Feedback on my second production? Melodic techno

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by lost_soul, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:31 AM.

1. lost_soul

lost_soul Member

Hey guys,

I posted my first production a couple of weeks ago, and I took all advice possible, spent hours on youtube to improve and make something new and more professional.

The link to the track is below. I would really appreciate feedback from you guys especially on the "sound engineering" part of the track. I think the "taste" of it would be quite subjective, but what would definitely help is understanding how I could improve the sound itself!

3. spyfx

spyfx Platinum Record

your track sounds really nice,thanks for sharing :like:
    (Also i felt/thought of the music of Stimming & Lulu Rouge somehow listening to this track)

4. Seckkksee

Seckkksee Member

Lil kick heavy in my opinion, Id reduce the kick by about -2.33554664 db. But not bad.

5. Dmotr Softor

Dmotr Softor Newbie

6. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Member

Nice sound, just maybe the snare and the hi-hat are a little to in front, and they grab the attention. Maybe down their level a little bit so they don't "steal the show" from the main sound

7. No Avenger

No Avenger Platinum Record

Is this really melodic techno? Sounds more like a house style to me. Anyway.

When the bd kicked in I went like :woot:.
    Hell, how deep is it going? 40Hz? (Couldn't download which confuses me).

I have to semi agree with 11Fletcher. Sn & hh are too upfront and maybe lowering is enough levelwise but I would try to apply some room too.

8. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator Staff Member

I'm listening with Beyerdynamic DT 880 pro headphones and I agree that the Bd is not only too loud but may need some EQ. Once this is done, you will probably need to re-equilibrate the snare and the HH too.

9. lost_soul

lost_soul Member

This is awesome feedback thank you guys. I will focus on the kick especially as it's too obnoxious I agree. After that I will adjust the rest of the drums accordingly! Funny enough, now that I have "finished" the toughest part of the track I am not really sure what to do with it haha this is really for a passion, I never considered a career in production or anything like that. But I have to say, the satisfaction is 100% worth it. I will repost after changes

10. No Avenger

No Avenger Platinum Record

No, no, kick is great. It's full, warm and has character, I wasn't just prepared for this :). Maybe some small adjustments but I wouldn't replace and/or totally change it.