FB and their asking for Government ID!

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by onekutcha, Feb 4, 2017.

1. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

They haven't asked me for anything.

I can see where they are coming from. I have not logged into my facebook for over a year not even sure it is still active, but social media has proven itself a force in political circles. So, with great power comes great accountability. The companies that pay facebook, google, yahoo, etc... for data want UUI data reliable non-spoofed data. With more and more cases of one user representing a few thousand voices, and revolutions and insurgencies now within reach.... you knew it was coming.

Best advice, is if you don't want to play do not use it. You might one day be on the other side of the fence after your social media campaign is successful and you become super rich, you will be paying facebook a small percentage of your millions and if one guy is mad at you and posting 50000 negative comments a day, or pictures of you fucking a poodle, while wearing a dead cat on your head, just to hurt your rep, you would feel cheated too.

The other model is obviously - PAY to PLAY - you just can not have everything for free and be the only one getting paid.

2. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

No, but they also don't need to know from were you are exactly... :wink:

3. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Just take this one (From the state "Vaginia").
    Quickly made this in Ps.
    [​IMG]

4. onekutcha

onekutcha Ultrasonic

I agree with you mostly. However, with great power not only comes great accountability but also great responsibility. With these not so fair play steps FB and lately other social media sites make they can and in fact they do damage personal reputations, thus public responsibility can come into the argument. Hence the reason FB was sued before and lost. In those cases FB was able to pay out settlements easily and so they think they can get away with these publicly damaging practices forever. They need to be stopped or at the least properly regulated. After a company - no matter how private it is - becomes too popular they do bear certain public responsibilities. If this would not be the case then there would be no Class Action Suits against private companies. What FB does in my case is they basically lure you in to use their site and create an account and once you built up your connections there with your hard work then and only then they suddenly ask you for things that they know very well you would not have provided them in the first place at the time of your account creation. These practices are in fact fraudulent and even if not then at the least unethical. An unethical company with great public responsibility can be very dangerous to the public hence the reason they should be reprimanded and indeed companies like that are being reprimanded time to time.

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

FB and YT have problems with users bot'ing their stats. Cant be robbing google for ad revenue..
    Some of the more popular music channels on YT are making $5000 plus a month