FAW SubLab crashing validation MacOS Ventura

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nehal, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Nehal

Nehal Member

Hey guys,
    I just updated my Mac M1 to latest version of Logic Pro X 10.7.6 and MAcOS to Ventura. All plugs including K'd ones, work just fine.
    Ironically, I've purchased FAW SubLab and that is crashing. I tried reboot. Still the same.
    Are anybody y'all facing the same when updating to macOS Ventura? If yes and if you've found a solution for this, please share it here. Thanks in advance.

Happy weekend

FAW SubLab v1.1.8

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

You should reinstall SubLab from clean. Make sure you have the newest version which is available. So remove your old one, and any associated files. Reinstall it from the brand new downloaded version on the website. It says it is Ventura supported.

I suggest this, because maybe you updated your OS and just allowed Migration of this plugin. Reinstall it and Code Sign it. Maybe even look at the permissions using BatChmod and clear everything.

You could also try using a Scene released version to see if it has something to do with authentication etc.

If this doesn't fix it, contact their support team. It's why you buy a plugin. Please update thread with your outcome when you get it fixed. Other people will run into this. :)

4. Nehal

Nehal Member

Thanks for replying. I tried code signing as well. But, in vain. I'm unable to find the email for their support. Can you please share it if you have? Thanks again.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

hey, could you please try something for me on your new Ventura install? It has to do with Codesigning and I could really use someone to test this small bit of code. So, if you go in Terminal, issue command: cd /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/ to go into that folder.

Then paste in this below. It will ask you for your password one time like always. But then it is going to Codesign every audio plugin you have. It can take up to about 10 minutes. It is for your specific situation; moving everything to a new computer or new installation. It works perfectly on High Sierra but I do not have a Ventura install to test with right now.

find . -name "*.bundle" -execdir sudo xattr -cr \;
    find . -name "*.VST" -execdir sudo xattr -cr \;
    find . -name "*.vst3" -execdir sudo xattr -cr \;
    find . -name "*.component" -execdir sudo xattr -cr \;
    find . -name "*.dpm" -execdir sudo xattr -cr \;

find . -name "*.bundle" -execdir sudo codesign -f -s - {} \;
    find . -name "*.VST" -execdir sudo codesign -f -s - {} \;
    find . -name "*.vst3" -execdir sudo codesign -f -s - {} \;
    find . -name "*.component" -execdir sudo codesign -f -s - {} \;
    find . -name "*.dpm" -execdir sudo codesign -f -s - {} \;

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  6. clone