Favourite String Sample Library.

Discussion in 'Software' started by garfinkle, Jan 14, 2020.

1. garfinkle

garfinkle Platinum Record

Ive used Hollywood Strings, Vienna Dimension strings and all the Kontakt library stuff. Some of them are good for some things (Strezov for eg) but very few (including Spitfire) can actually produce a realistic small or large string section sound.

The most realistic and usable Ive found is Audiobro's LASS - really great sounds that sit well in a mix.

Anyone using anything that they're impressed with?

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

I found this simple and straightforward comparison very handy to get a first impression:

(Note the Kontakt factory library! :winker:)
    LASS is good but it's not the only good library. When I had to choose, say, 3 libraries then I would choose ones with a considerably different character so I have the choice when I need it, like in acoustic pianos.
    Needless to say that additional criteria are recording quality, properly played instruments, consistent sound within each instrument and, if scripted, bug-free scripting.
    If the sampled instruments are played well and consistently, the overall sound "sitting well in a mix" is not so much a given - you'll usually have to apply more or less EQ anyway.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Out of what I've had available to try, I go back to LASS every. Single. Time. ;)