Favourite guitar FX (2024)

Discussion in 'Software' started by eli91, Apr 10, 2024.

1. eli91

eli91 Ultrasonic

Reading through the Favourite amp sims thread, it seems that there's this consensus on which are the essential guitar plugins nowadays: Tonocracy/NAM, Neural DSP, Otto Audio, Helix Native... While there's not "a best" amp, for every sound choice is subjective, I think most people on the internet agree that they are among the most advanced emus that technology can offer us right now.

So I was wondering whether it exists a similar agreement on guitar FX. I know there are incredibly sofisticated effects plugins and I can get pretty much any sound I want out of them, but I'm thinking more of a golden standard kind of thing: a plugin that may not be the most comprehensive one but have an amazing sound and don't distract you with endless tweaking possibilities when you're on a creative mood. What Boss used to represent on guitar pedals, so to speak.

So - do you have any FX favourites (reverb, modulation, delay, EQ...) when it comes to guitar playing and recording?

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

Ill add to my list but Kuassa has some great fx, the only real time pitch with no latency and ODs stuff thats rare,

Contained plugins, like inside softube or neural dsp etc depend on what you own.
    Several companies have stepped up their virtual pedals, for example, some sound like SD1s, SD1s Japan and some even sound like beefed up SD-1s with all mods like Cytomic's THE SCREAM which is the best OD pedals

then you have the Fazertone and ChowCentaurs which re free, you get a full range of hi gain from them, then the Kuassa Gainer [​IMG]

Over drive favs[​IMG]

Everything else is pretty much about colouring, tube simulations, IR simulation
    Must haves for guitar is stuff like STOL Tones Ignite LIBRA IR loader, [​IMG]
    You can drag the ball around to the right combo in seconds

Saturation, colouring, all these do a great job, Soundtoys, UAD, Acustica Audio gives great analogue, [​IMG]

and these
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024