Favourite Dance/Club/House VST Synths & Plugs!

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by babybrown, Sep 4, 2011.

1. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

I am just getting into Sylenth and Massive (Jeeeezus..... that is one crazy synth!)- have been using Nexus 2 for a while (Awesome..!.

Omn the plug in side I like Fabfilter Volcano a lot and also PSP N20 but that always seems to take a dump on my computer!

The new Sugarbytes Turnado is tremendous, excellent and a lot of fun to use - how about you guys? What are your faves!

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Gladiator, Omnisphere, Vanguard for VSTI

Much of the effects I do inside the instrument, for stutter, gating etc... Stutter Edit and Turnado.

4. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

a bit the same as you guys, ofc it depends on what i'm after
    I use kontakt often with different banks but especially the EWQL XP pro
    but roughly speaking, I have Nexus for classic kinds of tones / sounds (I really like the way it sounds), sylenth, massive and Z3ta+ for crazy sounds, omnisphere and trillian when I need some sort of "creative freedom" and I sometimes use Psychic Modulation Aetheral for weird textures or also Consequence by Sugar Bytes when looking for unpredictable results!
    and of course I once and a while throw in some of the classic ones...cs80, juno, jupiter, moog and prophet.

well..that sums it up, with what I have I cover most styles and a lot of ground, so I dont really bother to look into anything new really... pretty interested to see what sort of synth will turn up in this topic *yes*

5. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

sorry double post...my bad :dunno: :(

6. Rolma

Rolma Guest

I'm a fan of sylenth!
    From NI, I use Massive, a bit of Reaktor (trying razor and stuff.… ) and I'm playing with Maschine.
    Izotope...is cool, Nectar it's fun, Shutter edit (seems to be really cool...I'll give a try) ...

So much good stuff around !!!! :phones:

7. Xiny6581

Xiny6581 Noisemaker

Here we go:
    Z3TA2, ACE, Absynth, Reaktor, Albino, Massive, Omnisphere, Trillian...and some more.

**Z3TA, is a comprehensive synth with the possibilities to make your own waveforms, so for me, Z3TA is good to add texture to the sounds. Kind of to complete the soundscape and soundimage.
    **ACE, is one of the best versatile modular synths out there, with the flexibility to make any sound you want. ACE is good to broad sounds, such as add some synthesis to strings, pads. Yet to broad a mix or just work in the framework.
    **Absynth, is very handy to make evolving sounds that will help your song/mix to fill up the gaps. Also it's got quite some experimental ways to mutate sounds and morph between mutations.
    **Albino's power is the filter and the way to balance the oscillators from one to each other. Because you can mix them percentages as well as mereative. I sawed a bit between Albino and Z3TA.
    **Massive is one hell of a competent synth with very little limits. It's basically possible to model any sound you want. I tend to use Massive for my base-sounds or as a subhelper.
    **Omnisphere and Trillian are what I call "all in one purpose", they have alot from both worlds. Anything from digital sharp sounds to sweet warm analogue sounds. The filters are excellent too, so sometimes I use Omnisphere(steam engine) as an effect unit to drive a relatively flat sound to get some warmth.

When it comes to drums, I mainly use Battery to program my drums, and sometimes I use Battery to drive my hardware gears, such as TR808, TR909, Electron..etc. I also use my own homebrewed kits.
    As far as effects go, that's more of a playground. I try to sort things up, so I can apply afterklang effects individually as well as applying dynamic effects.
    I hope this was explaining as well as helpfully :mates:
    /Xiny6581

8. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Lets do One Reason answer i dont like dance music :rofl:

9. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Xiny6581, thanks for be so informative...
    I'll be really busy trying all those big-ones ;)
    Lots of ideas comming from this forum.

10. McXProds

McXProds Newbie

I use:

Massive, Sylenth1, Albino, Predator. These are the only synths i use.
    Bazzism2 for kick drums, adding other audio effects on it like Sausage Fattener, and Decapitator, as well as adding some eq and other ableton live audio effects make it sound more full like a proper trance/tech trance kick drum
    Lately i've started to use Waves Doubler to make sounds more spaced out, great for Leads, Bass, hi-hats.
    Echoboy is great for delays, Tremolator is great for adding some interesting grooves to hi-hats etc.
    ValhallaRoom for reverb, its pretty easy use.
    These are my main weapons i go to every time i make a new project.

11. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Vember Surge
    FXpansion DCAM synth squad
    Lennar Audio Sylenth1
    DiscoDSP Corona

ApQualizr, Ohmicide, RoughRider, Bootsy plugins, Voxengo, Brainworx, MeldaProduction, Elysia...

12. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

lol@Guitarmaniac :rofl:

13. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

VSTi:
    Sylenth1 - u need to own it to fall in love with it really ;) - pads, Leads, Acid Lines
    Sytrus - for sub basses and tiny plucks
    Trillian for sub bassses
    Dune for plastic plucks
    Vanguard - for for dry dirty acid lines
    Massive for massive leads
    i bought z3ta+ but i dont understand how i can make my own sounds in it :rofl:
    but i did soundsets for V-station, Massive ans sylenth1.
    VSTfx:
    IL EQ2 i grew up with that 1 - really like the gui and the sound of that1
    Fabfilter Q - very handy for finding resonances
    URS Saturation :wink:
    G-Sonique XBass4000 also an awesome saturator
    Audio Damage EOS: i friend introduced me to that reverb and its so cpu friendly and awesome sounding that i use it now for almost 3/4 year and i love it!
    in that moment i found out that i really use much default costumed things from Ableton live like compressor, EQ, delays, redux, flanger, phaser all the stuff. and the Ableton sampler.

oops sry was a bit offtopic
    @BBP whar DAW are u using?!

14. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

1. Sylenth1
    2. ElectraX (The Vocoder is awesome)
    3. Massive ( I have NI complete)
    4. Stylus RMX
    5. Dune
    6. Turnado
    7. Omnisphere
    8. Trillian
    9. ES2

15. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

Ableton 8.2.5... And I love it!

16. mrcaze

mrcaze Newbie

I like Ableton Live's own synths (Analog, Operator, Tension, Collision) and one of my current favourites is FabFilter Twin (I really like the modulation part).
    As for effects, I really like all FabFilter plugins. Also Cakewalk channel strips (especially Percussion and Vocal).

17. krewel

krewel Newbie

My favourite synths are Dune and Sylenth1, especially Dune. They both are very powerful and user-friendly. Sylenth1 sounds more "digital" in my ears though. I really love the "FAT" knob in Dune. But I also love Nexus, it's really nice for trancy leads and if u look for some inspiration.

18. ghost47

ghost47 Noisemaker

Roland V-SYNTH XT (Desktop rackmount version) She gets all the love!
    Massive
    Absynth
    Crystal
    Muse-Receptor running too many VST'S to list :bleh: