Favourite Arturia V Collection Synth ?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Plainview, Sep 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

I used the Redtron by artifake labs in the past they had a fantastic version that had a lot of presets some named after songs by groups like Zepplin, Moody Blues and many others, When I saw this forum post I searched for those versions but couldn't find them anywhere. This was really good sounding He even had a better looking dual manual version of the MK-IV, too bad he didn't put all the different versions up instead of the 2 that are there now. If he would have made a 64bit version it would have been great.The 2 that he has here now are nothing like the expanded library version of the past.
    If I come across that version somewhere I'll post a link to it.

2. shinbeth

shinbeth Ultrasonic

Totally agree man, so lifeless and CPU demanding. They would need so much processing and FX to sound closer to the real stuff that it's kinda defeating its purpose. I'm done with them. It was nice to get an overview of all these instruments for free though.

I will keep Pigments to dive into synthesis before buying a Minilogue XD, I think that's a good learning resource.

And Buchla since I always wanted to get into this instrument, the real one sounds crazy good and sharp.

Mini is well replicated but I suspect it doesn't have the character of the real or even my SE-02 is doing a better job. Having to tweak so many buttons in the upper panel is tedious.

SEM is good allegedly, I need to take a closer look. CZ1 too, not sure it matches the real instrument signature sound tho, and CPU hungry.

OBX I haven't even opened it yet since it's been added to the pack, any feedback?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  3. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

Me too. The first version (little buggy).
    For some reason that I don't clearly remember I found the second not very usable.

Did someone mention the Solina? It was a fantastic string machine.

4. curtified

curtified Rock Star

Analog Lab is my fave. It's all of Arturia's instruments in one. In my writing process, I'm like "this song could use a daft punk style lead" or "I'm looking for some nice airy pads to go under this bridge". With Analog Lab I have options ready to go with a click of a few buttons. If I need to sound design ill reach for Iris or Serum. Analog Lab does the trick with no extra bells and whistles for getting a sound I want.

Why spend all that time sound designing every sound in your project when an idea can come to life from a preset or a simple no-frills synth?

5. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

I still think the ARP 2600 V2 is the best. Something bad happened to the sound in V3.

6. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Totally agree, same for the Minimoog. The better sounding for me is the Mini V Original special version 2.5.2. These two and Modular V2 are the only ones fron Arturia that i actually play. The collection since V4 sound really crap, donĀ“t ask me why.

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Thanks for the response. But no, it was an emulation of a classic. One where you can see and manipulate the harmonics.

8. Technetic

Technetic Noisemaker

ARP2600 and Modular Moog, I love vintage analog circuits

9. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Synclavier.:)

10. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Easel, CZ, SEM, Prophet, Synthi, ARP, CS 80
    they all my favorites

11. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

Gforce Virtual String Machine was a solina string ensemble program, if anyone is interested it was very good but the Gforce Mellotron was the better of the two.

12. jaguarpangaea

jaguarpangaea Newbie

i think prophet is my favourite , but in one track is normal for me to use almost all of them ... Its psychedelic edm music with lots of fxs. IMO they are the best sounding soft synths around...

13. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

The only Arturia instrument that isn't decent is the moog modular, actually its filter, not the instrument as a whole.
    I don't think the sound sources matter much in modern production (many layers, many effects), so in the end - Arturia is the same shit as any other vst on the planet.

14. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Oh yes think it was this one. Thank you. I'll check once I'll get to my main computer. :wink: